Woodgears.ca Amazing Customer Service

Review by dakremer posted 01-10-2012 04:42 AM 5987 views 2 times favorited 24 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodgears.ca Amazing Customer Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been following Matthias (as are many) for a while now. You can check out his website here if you havent seen it yet. Hes got some amazing plans you can buy, some for free, and a lot of great woodworking tips It wasnt until recently I decided to buy one of his plans (his 3D router pantograph).

I had some trouble printing out his plans to scale, and was getting very frustrated. I emailed him and we finally got it figured out after several rounds of messages. On top of his amazing customer service; for my troubles he offered to give me any one of his plans for free!! The plans he gave me for free cost more than the original plans I bought. I am MORE than satisfied with the plans I bought from him, and can’t wait to build more of his “contraptions.”

His customer service alone would get him 5 stars, but throw his amazingly detailed plans on top of it, and I’ll give him a 10!

I’ll be posting my pantograph shortly. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the build, so I can’t post a blog about it. :(

View IrreverentJack's profile

IrreverentJack

#1 posted 01-10-2012 06:04 AM

I’ve been checking out his new posts every Monday for quite a while. It’s good to hear his plans are as good as I thought they would be. Matthias definitely thinks outside the box. Look forward to seeing your pantograph. -Jack

#2 posted 01-10-2012 06:13 AM

Yes Mathias and his site are great, they make you want to build super – secret projects….

-- Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi

View Ben's profile

Ben

#3 posted 01-10-2012 03:11 PM

I Really want to build his band saw. I really like that it can be used horizontally for milling logs with the extra mount and tracks. All of his stuff is pretty amazing and well engineered. I would have a shop full of tools I built myself if I had the time to do it.

-- Welcome to downtown Coolsville, Population: US! --Hogarth Hughes

View AaronK's profile

AaronK

#4 posted 01-10-2012 03:38 PM

good to hear. his stuff is pretty great. it’s kind of amazing that he does it with tools that many of us would consider far less than premium, and with woods that are about the same (lots of 2×4s!). Seems like his business is just a way to support the hobby a little bit :-)

View Ben's profile

Ben

#5 posted 01-10-2012 04:02 PM

Well, that is a great way to support the hobby. It’s amazing to see the things he makes

-- Welcome to downtown Coolsville, Population: US! --Hogarth Hughes

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#6 posted 01-10-2012 07:24 PM

Thanks, Dak. I like to go to his website from time to time and look around but I haven’t ordered anything yet.

helluvawreck

View beamrider's profile

beamrider

#7 posted 01-11-2012 12:22 AM

His 1st name should be MacGyver, I swear some of the things he comes up with are just plain awesome. I built my basement shelves based on his cantilevered shelf brackets, and each bracket held my ~260 pounds standing on it. I havent built anything else of his yet, but someday I’m going to tackle that slick looking box joint rig he designed….:)

View dangerousdave10's profile

dangerousdave10

#8 posted 01-11-2012 12:39 AM

he has a great site. Its the only reason i look forward to Mondays

View SASmith               's profile

SASmith

#9 posted 01-11-2012 12:48 AM

Have you used your new 3D router pantograph?
Were the plans easy to follow?
I have been considering building one.

-- Scott Smith, Southern Illinois

View jumbojack's profile

jumbojack

#10 posted 01-11-2012 01:10 AM

This guy is a stop or two above genius. Amazing talent and vision.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View Paul David Soto's profile

Paul David Soto

#11 posted 01-11-2012 02:15 AM

I say two, okay maybe three steps above genius. Did you know he once took on Chuck Norris and it was a tie! Don’t bring it up, he gets sensitive about it!

-- - As a woodworker, it could be interesting sometimes waking up in the morning and asking, "Lord, what will you have me do today?" -Noah

#12 posted 01-11-2012 02:22 AM

SASmith – haven’t completed the pantorouter yet. Probably by the end of the week I’ll post it.

Hybridhelix – no one can beat Norris :) (except maybe Jack Bauer)

#13 posted 01-11-2012 02:26 AM

And yes, the plans were very easy to read. You could probably get it completed in a day if you really wanted to. His 1:1 templates make it easy. I printed them all out, glued them to my wood, and cut all the pieces out on the bandsaw. Now I just have to get it glued up and put together

View SASmith               's profile

SASmith

#14 posted 01-11-2012 08:03 PM

-- Scott Smith, Southern Illinois

View chopnhack's profile

chopnhack

#15 posted 01-12-2012 04:06 AM

That’s why Chuck was so bruised when we spared… I almost won that time :O Dakremer, thanks for the info, I have looked at his website for years, just for the shear inspiration of his genius. Makes me wish I went to school for engineering. They certainly have a way of thinking differently. What plans do you have for the pantograph when its complete?

-- Sneaking up on the line....