Great upgrade from my old DP

Review by Chris posted 01-02-2012 08:00 PM 4465 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great upgrade from my old DP No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have owned this drill press for about a year and everything was spot on right out of the box. The laser was perfectly aligned and I love the work light. The over sized table is great for woodworking especially as compared to the normal DP’s intended for metal working. It also appears to have plenty of power for my needs.

All was going well until 2 days before this past Christmas when the motor would not start nor the work light or laser turn on. I was leaving town for a few days and did not address the issue until today. I would have knocked a star off the review but the OUTSTANDING customer server at Jet earned it back. I spent approximately 5 minutes on the phone with the technician during which he asked the normal questions such as did you try a different power source. Many times with other companies this is done with a near condescending attitude; not these folks. They where professional and courteous… Very personable. Within those 5 minutes he decided I needed a new controller board, verified my address and purchase info and had the part ready to ship out to me.

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#1 posted 01-03-2012 01:40 AM

Also happy with my machine , but you brought back one of the same issues that I had , only DOA.
Long story short , they never properly connected the lighting wires inside the machine. Yours may have worked loose over time. Easy enough to check out by removing the on / off switch and light switch covers…3-4 screws if I remember correctly : )

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#2 posted 01-03-2012 03:16 AM

Dusty, it’s not the wire for the lighting. I did open the front panel and everything is connected. The motor doesn’t start, the laser does not come on nor does the work light come on. The only thing in common with all of them is the control board.

I do appreciate the help though…... :)

#3 posted 01-03-2012 03:27 AM

Good enough , thought I’d share my findings with you : )