Great Electric Saw

Review by doug1980 posted 933 days ago 2172 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Electric Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Let me start by saying I was a lumberjack for 10 years, and only used Stihl. Even now Stihl is the best in my opinion. Having said that they are expensive, and I couldn’t justify spending over $300 for an electric saw. This saw has a 16” bar, tool-less chain tensioning and has 3.5 HP. I use it to shape my bowl blanks in the shop, since my wife has banned me from using my Stihl 290 in the shop. Apparently it stinks up the whole house, who knew. For less than $100 it was a great buy. Cuts spruce and Birch with ease, and is comfortable to use.

View doug1980's profile

doug1980

View jumbojack's profile

jumbojack

I got one of those little electric saws for Christmas last year. Man was I surprised at the power and ability of that saw. In fact I was taken aback! I have a mid sized Husky and a big Stihl but for around the house this little electric is the go to guy.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View Wolffarmer's profile

Wolffarmer

Looks like a nice electric chain saw for a lot of people. Back in the late 70’s I bought a 14 inch Poulan and that was a great little saw. Can’t say how many cords of firewood I cut up with it. It finally died on me a few years ago. I got me another Poulan, a 16 incher. I didn’t even dull the chain before I gave up on that spawn of a demon. I replaced it with a Husqvarna and have been happy with that for what I do. Any want a barely used chain saw? Or a boat anchor?

Randy

-- That was not wormy wood when I started working on it.

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

I’ve cut a lot of firewood with a circa late 90’s Craftsman (Remington?) electric. Black walnut and cherry mostly, and some elm. They have much more torque than a gas engine even though they spin slower. That’s why you have to respect them as they will keep going through chainsaw chaps where a gas engine will die. Smart move on buying one for indoor use. I still use mine if I’m going to cut some wood up on a Sunday and don’t want to wake the neighborhood.