Poor customer service at Oneida Air Systems

Review by Kirko posted 12-31-2011 01:41 PM 6278 views 0 times favorited 26 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Poor customer service at Oneida Air Systems No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was initially happy with the product until I noticed the cardboard drum had collapsed, since then my experience with Lisa Barone and customer service for Oneida has been very disappointing. After being told the cardboard drum should not have collapsed they refused to replace it. I purchased the steel replacement drum and lid early in November, I did not receive it, 2 weeks later when I contacted Ms. Barone she told me it will ship out that day and gave me an incorrect tracking number. A month after that I found out UPS had damaged it and returned it to Oneida. Rather than send me another one immediately they are investigating the situation. In the mean time I had to go without vital equipment during my bust season.

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

#1 posted 12-31-2011 02:29 PM

So… you’ve been on the site for 2 days and your only post is a rant???
Welcome to the site… post something positive, or a project, please!

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View ken_c's profile

ken_c

#2 posted 12-31-2011 02:37 PM

wow my experience with them was completely opposite. UPS damaged my first 55 gallon fiber drum, I took pictures and called Oneida. They sent me a new that day and dealt with ups themselves. I now have two lids and two barrels, albeit one of those barrels is unusable. This was circa 2004…

View jim C's profile

jim C

#3 posted 12-31-2011 05:17 PM

He joined here because he’s frustrated at Oneida and found a pertinent public forum where he could tell about his experience.
Why belittle him. Many people take this course of action on all kinds of product problems.
If you have a problem with a defective coffee pot you bought on Amazon, you write a review. You don’t have to be a member for years.
He might have been following LJ’s for years. and from the looks of his unfinished shop, may now just be getting into woodworking.
C’mon, ellen, give him a break.
Welcome Kirko!

View 747DRVR's profile

747DRVR

199 posts in 2076 days

#4 posted 12-31-2011 05:30 PM

I had a terrible experience with Oneida customer service.I bought a remote control along with a 2 1/2 hp SDG.After 6 months the remote gave out.The woman at CS told me the remote only had a 3 month warranty and I would have to purchase a new one for $80.I tried to talk her into at least covering a portion of it since I had just spent well over a thousand a few months earlier but she wouldn’t budge.My only recourse is to bad mouth them on this website every chance I get.

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

#5 posted 12-31-2011 05:33 PM

Welcome to LJs and thank you for sharing your experience.

-- “While the world with closed eyes sleeps, The sky knows and weeps - steel rain. ” ― Nathan Bell

View Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist

5216 posts in 2028 days

#6 posted 12-31-2011 05:38 PM

I have a Oneida Super Dust Gorilla since early 08 and use it alot..I have 4 remotes, the sensor to tell when the drum is nearly full, the vaccum unit for the drum and the cardboard drum. Never had a problem with anything except the dust sensor and they sent a replacement immediately.
My dealings with customer service has been very possitive.

-- We all must start somewhere in our journey of doing what we love to do.

#7 posted 12-31-2011 05:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Sorry about the rant but I think it’s important to share. I was ticked off.

Here’s a shot of my last project, it’s a box for my 8 mm lathe collets. The handmade ivory lock mechanism is sterling and steel, with a bayonet spring. The brass handles came from an old (1800’s)cash box.

#8 posted 12-31-2011 05:59 PM

A couple more shots:

View Yeorwned's profile

Yeorwned

#9 posted 12-31-2011 06:35 PM

I appreciate him joining to share his experience. Everything in life isn’t positive. Welcome!

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

2240 posts in 1989 days

#10 posted 12-31-2011 06:52 PM

Welcome to LJ’s….and very sorry to hear about your troubles with Oneida. I had looked at them myself a while back but have not had the time to build the ducting system to put it in….right now I just use my Jet DC with a collector hose stretched out to the machine I am using.

That is a beautiful box by the way….very nice dovetail work. You don’t have to post a project to be able to comment on this site but it is always interesting to see one.

You appear to be a machinist? I was curious about all the cubby holes in the walls behind the box?

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

#11 posted 12-31-2011 07:10 PM

Thank you for posting something. I never meant to belittle you… only to point out that your first and only post was a rant on a company that many of us do business with. We have had many new members just post here once to put down a company. My welcome to you is serious! Welcome aboard.
Ellen

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

#12 posted 12-31-2011 10:44 PM

Welcome on board.
Happy New Year.

#13 posted 01-01-2012 02:04 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
Those are rubber molds Reggie, for lost wax casting. I’m a jeweler, the collet box is for a watchmakers lathe.
Some of the best forums in the world were started just to kick someones butt, I found Lisa Barone’s attitude to be pretty poor, same with the salesman that sold it to me 2 years ago.

View Jimbo4's profile

Jimbo4

#14 posted 01-01-2012 04:20 AM

Suggestion: Call Jeff Hill at Oneida and talk to him about your problem. I purchased my DD from Rockler, and when it arrived the top of the funnel had seperated. I emailed Oneida to ask what kind of glue to use to reattach the top. I had already reattached it with gutter sealant, which is still attached and going strong, and emailed Oneida to ask what kind of glue to use to reattach it with. Jeff called me on the phone to personally ask what the problem was, and sent me a brand new complete DD unit, and told me to keep the one I already had. With the service I received with Jeff, I will defaneetly reccommend Oneida.

-- *Arachnoleptic Fit*: The frantic dance performed just after you've accidently walked through a spider web.

#15 posted 01-01-2012 04:45 AM