The easiest paint I have ever sprayed

Review by 404 - Not Found posted 12-21-2011 01:04 AM 1681 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
The easiest paint I have ever sprayed No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just a heads up to any Irish woodworkers on here. General Paints WB50, made in Celbridge, has got everything going for it. Three sheen levels, mixable with any of the Colourtrend/Crown/Dulux paint systems, quick drying, can be applied as low as 5degC, excellent coverage, excellent flow out. Only needs good airflow to dry (desktop fan works for me).
I used to use Becker Acroma WB enamel, but always found it difficult to get a flawless finish on large surfaces, one slight overlap/underlap and you’d be doing the whole panel again, but this stuff is much more forgiving. You can even spray a little touch up where needed and it blends right in.
The guy behind the counter at Pat McDonnells put me onto this, in his words “its what all the kitchen makers are using now… brush it, roll it, spray it”.
I applied it on my last project thinned with about 10% water using Fuji hvlp and there was virtually no overspray. The finish came out great.
I can’t rate this product highly enough.

View 404 - Not Found's profile

404 - Not Found

1 comment so far

View perfectp's profile

perfectp

#1 posted 11-25-2014 10:56 AM

I too have started to use this product i love the finish so little effort but i had it come off too easily around the edges how many layers do you use or recommend firstly i spray primed with BIN and then I sprayed the wb50 a nice wet layer so i dont know what went wrong???