Hitachi C12RSH Double Bevel Sliding Miter Saw

Review by mrg posted 12-18-2011 05:47 AM 19628 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Hitachi C12RSH Double Bevel Sliding Miter Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this saw last month after doing quite a bit of research and looking for the best bang for the buck. This saw had very good reviews on the internet and I spoke with a couple of contractors that had this saw and got good reviews from them also.

If you are going to be using this saw on job sites you will need a portable stand for it, this thing is no light weight it weights in at 65 pounds.

I checked the back fence, bevels and miter angles and this thing was set perfect from the factory.

The stock blade needs to be changed it is good for rough cutting and construction work.

Capacity is nice. Not very loud, can lock slide so the motor slides so you can set the saw against a wall or you can lock the motor to the slide front and have the rails slide out the back. This is a nice feature. The laser is adjustable so you can have it fall on your mark (factory setting or to the left or the right of your mark. The cutting depth can also be adjusted so that you can cut grooves if you would like. I have not used this feature.

Would I recommend this saw? Yes, because for the price you get a lot of saw for the money plus a five year warranty.

If picking it up from the store bring someone with you it is heavy and awkward to carry. You will need a truck or a station wagon or a car with a big trunk. I had to un box it to get it in my 2011 Sonota’s trunk, it just cleared the top below the rear window. You can’t get it in the back seat.

Specs.
15 amps 120 volts motor with changeable brushes
12 inch blade
Max Height 4 11/16’’ x 12 1/4”
Left miter 45 degrees
Right miter 57 Degrees
Left and right bevel 45 degrees
Compound miters Left 45 Left 45 or Left 45 Right 31 or Right 45 Right 45 or Right 45 Left 31

Standard Acc: 12” 60 tooth wood blade, Dust bag, 17 mm Box Wrench to Change Blade, Vice Assembly and a Holder.

Optional Acc: Extension Holder & Stopper, Crown Molding Vise Assembly, L & R Crown Molding Stopper.

Shop around the best price I found is the big blue box store for $399 with no discount. I was able to get this saw for $320.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#1 posted 12-18-2011 06:39 PM

WOW 320 for this? that’s a steal. Good review.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

15304 posts in 1937 days

#2 posted 12-18-2011 10:29 PM

Where did you get this for 320? This saw got some good reviews in a wood magazine a while back as well.

#3 posted 12-19-2011 12:41 AM

I bought it at Lowes, my wife has this knack with finding coupons and such. She had sent for a coupon saying that we had moved so it was 20% off. The reg price at lowes is $399. Even at that price it’s a steal.

View oldcans's profile

oldcans

#4 posted 12-19-2011 09:32 PM

They are selling these saws right now at Costco for $349. I bought one last winter and am very happy with it. It has very accurate stops and the laser makes it really easy to hit the desired marks. If your spouse is looking for a Christmas present for you a saw like this would make a great “surprise”

-- Dan, quartersawn oak = oak with stretch marks

View CampD's profile

CampD

#5 posted 12-22-2011 11:09 PM

Same here August,
Paid about the same 3+ yrs ago with digital read-out.
Mine is used mainly in the shop and has stayed true. Only time I take it on a job or need a saw this big is
when I have a stair project and this is where it shines.
Very nice saw even with-out the read-out.

-- Doug...

#6 posted 12-22-2011 11:09 PM

August,

C12LSH is the one with the LCD readout and the C12RSH is the one without the readout. RSH is the Lowes one which is the one I bought with a moving discount. They are the same saw except one has a LCD readout. I had my eye on this saw for a while. The prices are a over the place on these saws. I looked at the saw in Lowes and in two tool stores they had the same skew numbers and barcodes. Lowes just has a better deal.

View Boneski's profile

Boneski

#7 posted 12-24-2011 03:39 AM

Been looking at one of these for a while now but they’re freaking $900 here in Australia! What a rip off!

-- Blinded by brilliance

View chrisd's profile

chrisd

#8 posted 01-17-2012 09:59 PM

I just bought this saw yesterday at Costco for $299.97 then walked across the parking lot and saw it at Lowe’s for $399.99. They told me at Costco that it’s a “Deleted item” which means they’re not going to get any more in. So if you’re thinking about this saw get a move on!

View Don Carrier's profile

Don Carrier

#9 posted 01-18-2012 03:01 AM

No Costco here in NE TN – I purchased tonight at Lowes and used my Military discount. $370 with tax. I just sold a QSRO arts and crafts table an it paid for the saw. I have needed a slider for so long now and based on what you fellow Lj’ers have to say I cant wait to fire it up. Picked up a Diablo 80 tooth at Home Depot to go with it. Now I’ll search this site for a permanant installation table in my shop. Anyone hooked up dust control?

-- Don

View Bobmedic's profile

Bobmedic

#10 posted 05-16-2012 06:04 AM

I bought this saw after reading reviews and fondling it in the store (Lowes). My wife gave me the go ahead to buy a Kapex. Though I think the Kapex may be a better saw I don’t think it is 900 dollars better. This saw is very well thought out and has plenty power and accuracy. I made a miter stand for it with extension wings and added the Kreg stop trak system and reproducible cuts without measuring have never been simpler. I have owned the Ridgid 12” slider and the DeWalt 12” slider and I would say this saw beats them both, especially in the price tag.

-- Save lives, ease suffering, reduce morbidity and mortality, stomp out pestilence and disease, postpone the inevitable, and fake compassion. The Paramedics Creed