Fantastic and easy to use

Review by Elizabeth posted 958 days ago 2664 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fantastic and easy to use Fantastic and easy to use No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve always struggled to find the studs in my drywalled shop. I’ve got a Little Wizard metal wand and an electronic stud finder but despite my best efforts it always seemed like my first pilot hole would miss the stud entirely – especially when working on the ceiling. I got this stud finder yesterday and my whole attitude toward mounting things on the walls has changed.

While showing the new studfinder to my husband in the kitchen I casually brushed it against the wall and immediately found a stud. Tried again and found the next stud along. Fantastic. Later that evening I went out to the shop to try to locate the studs on one of the walls where I’d like to put some lumber racks. Got all six studs located in less than five minutes.

For less than ten bucks on Amazon, you definitely can’t go wrong with this thing. And there are no batteries so you’ll never find it dead when you need to use it.

View Elizabeth's profile

Elizabeth

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

I have one and love it!
Hasn’t failed me yet and the kids love finding the studs for me. :p
It amazes them how it works.

I keep it stuck to a stud location so I don’t lose it.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View Radu's profile

Radu

Thanks for the review. I have one of those electronic ones. I never liked it and the battery it’s been long gone. Basically this unit finds the screws/nails the drywall is attached to studs. Am I right? Well then I have an idea: take a rare earth little magnet, put in a, say, sandwich bag, move it across the wall and bingo. I’ll give it a try.

View eland's profile

eland

I have this too! Super powerful magnets make it really easy to use. Some times more technology is less. I’m sure that the electronic ones will find a stud too. This way you never need to worry about batteries.

View spunwood's profile

spunwood

I’ve been trying to find the studs in my ceiling but the walls are really textured…driving me crazy. I tried magnets and electronic stud finders, and even drills…I am thinking of sanding a small section to text better

Is that crazy?

Any suggestions?

-- I came, I was conquered, I was born again. ἵνα ὦσιν ἓν

View Yeorwned's profile

Yeorwned

I bought one on Amazon a few weeks back for a few bucks and I too absoutely love it.