Great Bandsaw Blades

Review by woodklutz posted 12-16-2011 03:40 PM 2903 views 5 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Bandsaw Blades No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a follow up to my praise of this resource http://www.orderbandsawblades.com. I have been using the blades now for a couple of weeks, and boy do they do the job. As I said before they are not flimsy they are sharp and rip well and cut effortlessly. I am using a 3/8×6tpi on my 10” Jet, prior blades including Lennox and Olsen failed and dulled quickly, and were costly for what they were.
Service is great, shipping is cheap and fast. two 5’ 7 1/2 blades were about $15, shipping $5 in 2 days.
A clarification of not flimsy. These are not flex blades I don’t need flex, I want to cut, slice without the blade breaking.
And Made in America of German Steel.

—honing my craft one mistake at a time.

View glassyeyes's profile

glassyeyes

136 posts in 2077 days

#1 posted 12-19-2011 03:18 AM

Thanks—the stock blade on my Rikon isn’t very impressive, and I’ve been looking for a good replacement.

-- Now, where did I put those bandaids?

View MedicineMan's profile

MedicineMan

#2 posted 12-19-2011 04:47 AM

THANKS FOR THE POST. Love to use the bandsaw, but have not been too impressed with previous blades, even the wood slicer and some of the timber wolf blades. May be just me!!!! Thanks, may give them a try.

View Hacksaw007's profile

Hacksaw007

597 posts in 1937 days

#3 posted 12-20-2011 04:30 AM

Hey, have a 10 Jet also, needs all the blade that it can get. Thanks for the post.

-- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

#4 posted 12-20-2011 04:11 PM

Hacksaw, the improvement is remarkable. First time I am enjoying my saw.

View Dallas's profile

Dallas

#5 posted 12-20-2011 04:17 PM

OK, but exactly which model blade did you order?

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!

#6 posted 12-20-2011 10:36 PM

I am using 3/8×6tpi no flex blade, series 201. I also have 1/4×6tpi which I have not used so far. Really the blades are wonderful, oak or maple, or pine perfect, no stalls no breaks. They cut straight and true.
You will not regret it.

View PhiltheLuthier's profile

PhiltheLuthier

#7 posted 12-29-2011 05:45 AM

Just one question before I order is the “tooth pitch” the same as tpi?

#8 posted 12-29-2011 02:52 PM

Phil, I really do not know but the service dept there can answer your question.

View robherc's profile

robherc

#9 posted 05-23-2012 05:22 PM

I know this is a fairly old thread, but the answer is “yes” TPI and the “Tooth Pitch” on the sawblades.com page(s) are pretty much the same thing.
Also, does anyone have any experience using their 601 blades for cutting wood? I’m sure the 201s are plenty durable for ripping, etc, but I was wanting to get a blade with variable pitch, and the 101/201 blades don’t offer that option.

View wiswood2's profile

wiswood2

#10 posted 05-23-2012 07:50 PM

TPI means teeth per inch not the pitch of the tooth.
Chuck

-- Chuck, wiswood2 www.wisconsinwoodchuck.com

View robherc's profile

robherc

#11 posted 05-23-2012 11:19 PM

Chuck, I couldn’t agree more…except in the one instance of the question, that being ordering blades from sawblade.com
For whatever reason, HaltbarSagen decided to label the column showing the TPI of their blades as “Tooth Pitch” instead of something more appropriate like “Tooth Spacing” ... I’m guessing they did this to highlight the fac that their blades offer variable tooth spacing geometries, but it’s only a guess.

Reference their page at: http://www.sawblade.com/order-601-series--haltbar-m42.cfm to see what I’m describing.

Like I said, you’re 100% right, but they chose to use a misnomer when labeling their blades ;)

View MagGeorge's profile

MagGeorge

#12 posted 06-29-2012 09:06 PM

I liked it when they patiently listened to my story as I had placed my order wrong! They were attentive and considerate.