PREVAL Portable Disposable Sprayer

Review by David Grimes posted 957 days ago 2620 views 2 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
PREVAL Portable Disposable Sprayer PREVAL Portable Disposable Sprayer PREVAL Portable Disposable Sprayer Click the pictures to enlarge them

These sprayers are great. And inexpensive. The $6 spray gun comes with a glass jar and the power unit. They can spray paints including latex, auto paints, lacquers, acrylics, primers, etc. One power unit ($4 for extras) will easily spray 16 oz. of material… quite a bit for small and medium sized projects. The glass jar cleans easily for re-use.

I’ve been using one of mine for lacquer and find the atomization just fine for dry or wet coats. I even thinned some brush on lacquer with lacquer thinner (from a tip on another forum) and that sprayed well, too. And dried hard faster and smelled much better, too.

The only possible cons I see (but neither are a problem for me) is the glass container (somebody will drop / break it and whine about it)... and the fact that you can’t tilt past 45 degrees.

I also like that in between coats (even a day or two) I just leave it ready to go for the next series. This is so much better than all the cleaning work, time and use of solvents to clean up.

Highly recommended. They are at both the BORG and Lowe’s. Walmart even has them with plastic containers, but they are a couple of dollars more. I guess the cost cutter hasn’t found them yet.

Give them a try.

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1242 days

View CharlieM1958's profile

CharlieM1958

Pretty cool… I’ve never seen those before. I love the no-cleanup aspect. Definitely want to give this a try.

-- Charlie M. "Woodworking - patience = firewood"

View ajosephg's profile

ajosephg

Thanks, I’ve also wondered about these.

-- Joe

View JoeyG's profile

JoeyG

I had forgotten about these. I worked for a cabinet shop in Richmond, VA. It was a small, high end custom shop and we did a lot of custom lacquer colors and used these for touch up. That is until our supplier began putting it into spray paint cans. We could get a 5 gallon mix with a couple of spray cans from the mix so the color matched. Now that I don’t have access to that resource, I will look into these again. I have a feeling they just might reopen some finishing doors that have been closed since leaving my old shop.

I see color lacquers making a appearance in my shop before long. Thanks for the review, I completely agree with you. a great product, and I thank you for the reminder.

-- JoeyG ~~~ http://www.facebook.com/JHGWoodWorks

View Jim Crockett (USN Retired)'s profile

Jim Crockett (USN Retired)

Ditto for the reminder!! I had one of these when I had my ‘57 Chevy and have been thinking of getting one for spraying shellac. I’m glad to see that someone has had the same idea and that it works well. Since almost all of my projects are 2 cu ft or smaller, this should be ideal. Maybe get a couple – that way I can remove the fluid container, cap it, and keep the shellac that way.

-- A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including his/her life".

View w8n4simplertimes's profile

w8n4simplertimes

37 posts in 1993 days

I looked at my Lowes and Home Depot here and could not find this item. ...maybe due to holiday items taking space??

It does look worthy of a try on a project.

Safe holidays to all.