After a couple of years with the C10fl

Review by jeepers06 posted 12-13-2011 06:14 PM 6123 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
After a couple of years with the C10fl No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had my Hitachi for a couple of years. I have used it for ripping while building a huge deck on my house and also for various woodworking projects.
I have noticed the Hitachi brand at lowes is now porter cable and brown. I bought my drill press there also, says Delta on mine and Porter cable on the new ones. I think Hitachi is juat a name (like sears) and these things are made on bid in China.
I also only gave $300 for mine. I had coupon and the saw was on sale.
I have actually been pleased over all with my saw. I try to use sharp blades with thin kerfs on them when doing woodwork. There is a slight about of play in the fence, I always clamp my fence where I want it when doing precision work. I also use a sled for better control and have not had enough wobble or unout on the saw to have a problem.
I agree that the dust collecion leaves a lot of dust that is not removed. It requires taking out the plate an manually vacuming. I think one could place some plastic panels to assist with the collection, hasen’t been a problem for me so far.
Overall for me, for $300, this has been a great saw. Eventually I will upgrade, but for general purpose use and occasional furniture building, its been great.

-- Boyd Pettitt Stockbridge, Georgia

View jeepers06's profile

jeepers06

5387 posts in 1986 days

#1 posted 12-14-2011 05:21 AM

Actually Hitachi and Porter Cable / Delta have nothing in common except they are sold at Lowes… Delta / Porter Cable rebranded their home owner / consumer products line to Porter Cable about 2 years ago now I guess…

FWIW, I kind of liked that C10FL… But then again, I like Hitachi tools…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

#2 posted 12-14-2011 05:26 AM

Enjoy

#3 posted 12-19-2011 02:04 AM

If it works for your application, it is the best tool for you. Glad to hear of your success

-- Norman

View tt1106's profile

tt1106

#4 posted 01-28-2012 03:14 AM

I have this saw too. Love it. Bought it for 300 off Craigslist, 3 or 4 years ago. I replaced the gear for the blade miter, which was stripped when I bought it, and bought a freud dado set and 2 zero clearance inserts. It has been a great saw and I added a 4 inch dust port to take care of that. I looked on Lowes site and if the PC is not the Hitahci, then someone is buying from the same factory. Even the Power/switch is the same. And I don’t know why you would want to copy it, if you didn’t invent it, because it is pretty lame. :) Happy sawing. I forgot to mention the router table I put into the right ext. wing. Works great in my garage shop.

-- -Todd

View 4x4moses's profile

4x4moses

#5 posted 09-03-2014 04:43 PM

I just recently purchased a used C10FL, and I love it. I’ve read some reviews that were critical of the saw, but I’ve had good luck with mine. Sure, if you’re comparing it to a Powermatic or a Jet cabinet saw, the Hitachi comes up short. But in comparison to my cheap Delta bench saw, and equally anemic Rockwell Homecraft saw, this thing is fantastic! I put a new Dewalt combination blade on it, cleaned and wax the table, made a few adjustments, and my Hitachi performs like a brand new saw.

-- Measure twice and cut once!