Heads up for Woodcraft CS...

Review by jeth posted 992 days ago 2082 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Heads up for Woodcraft CS... No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just wanting to give an enormous heads up to the folks at Woodcraft customer service dept. especially Sam ;) Not sure this is the right place to post but this doesn’t really come under any of the given forum topics and is a “review” of sorts so..

A few weeks back I placed an online order with Woodcraft to take advantage of the cut price on Woodriver planes, I ordered a No.4 and also a wood thread cutting kit.
They got back to me saying they couldn’t charge my card. I called the bank, was told my account was functioning fine and I must have given my details wrong. I checked the details back with Woodcraft, all seemed in order.
Another call, the bank say Woodcraft must have a problem. Several more calls with the bank and mails to WC and no change so I got WC to make a nominal charge to my account which passed after various attempts. so I told them to charge half and see if the transaction was limited by quantity, although the bank said mit wasn’t. (I had already lost faith in them by this point) This also passed after a number of attempts.
To cut a long story short 3 weeks and a lot of wasted time on the phone to the bank have passed and Woodcraft were still unable to process the other half of my payment.

So, Woodcraft have had an assistant there working almost full time to try and get my order through for a few weeks, always helpfu, human and friendly and in no way was I made to feel I was just causing them hassle. That is good customer service.
Then, I just heard from the girl who has been my contact through this, they are sending me the plane and cancelling the thread cutter… what I have paid so far doesn’t quite cover the plane at the now expired sale price, let alone the shipping to southern Mexico.
The bank have been unhelpful and useless, though it seems the problem is indeed theirs as I had some problems with other transactions. Woodcrafts gesture is quite incredible when they had no fault and no reason to sell me the plane at their cost and a reduced price… they could have just said, “sorry, we can’t keep trying to charge your card forever…”

So, Banco Santander Mexico…Zero, Woodcraft, Five Stars!!

View cabmaker's profile

cabmaker

welcome to doing business in 2011 united states.

Jorge G.

Get an account with HSBC their ATM card works for purchases online and you can keep in it just enough to cover the purchases. The rest of the banks suck here in Mexico.

jeth

Yep, I know, they pay you no interest and you have to keep a certain amount of your money in the account all the time to avoid charges?? I already told them once outstanding payments are processed I’m changing bank… I tried to complain via the website, where you can fill a “letter to the director general” form out (yeah right;) unfortunately the mail address bounces all messdages back via postmaster, address non existent..lol

Unfortunately there is a world of difference from one side of that border to the other.. The banks customer service was a joke. I understand how a goodwill gesture works cabmaker, though I know the concept is exclusive to those north of that divide… just that Woodcraft didn’t actuallyy have any reason to compensate me for a situation out of their control. I have dealt with a couple of other US companies recently. One of them offered good service, but nothing outstanding of this nature.. The other , to be honest was not so good… I heard nothing about my order for over a week, which was last reported as being prepared for shipping the day after I placed it. When I mailed an enquiry I got told they were waiting on an out of stock item to be available another 3 weeks ahead…

Jorge G.

Nope, the cheap checking account with HSBC is $44 pesos a month, no minimum on the account and of course they pay you no interest, but really how much money do you plan to have on it to make the interest worth it? You spent more time and effort hassling with your bank than what the interest was in your current account..didn’t you? Remember don’t be penny wise and pound foolish… :)

-- To surrender a dream leaves life as it is — and not as it could be.

I never pay interest or fees for banking or credit services. Paying a monthly service fee to have their card to make purchases makes no sense to me.
My credit union charges nothing for any banking services and I pay no fees for the Mastercard they provided or the debit card I use frequently.
Get with the credit unions in your community and sign up. The Community FCUs are open to the public.

Don

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

Jorge G.

Last I saw, there were no credit unions in Mexico…. :)

-- To surrender a dream leaves life as it is — and not as it could be.

I didn’t notice thge sig from Mexico.
Sorry

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

jeth

Yeah you’re right of course Jorge, but it’s not the quantity, obviously I would never notice the interest I earned, it’s the principal..I mean, that’s kind of the point of a bank originally isn’t it.. you give them your money, they invest it and you get a small return??
Santander I pay no monthly fee until I have less than a $1000 MXP in the account, then they hit me for $110 per month. So they get to sit on $1000 of my money and give m,e nothing in return, they don’t even give me a bloody card that woirks, LOL

I liked the one about credit unions, good one, hehe ;)

View EZzinger's profile

EZzinger

I believe your primary problem is using a MX bank account and MX internet ISP. Many US online vendors will not accept foreign bankcard transactions.
I personally use a conventional US visa debit card for my online transactions, using an anonymizer website (Hotspot Shield) which hides your MX internet connection, and my transactions work fine. My US debit card is always honored by Bancomer Banco ATM where I can withdraw either pesos or dollars at the best exchange rates.