What to do except buying somewhere else ?

Review by Johnny Boy posted 868 days ago 1689 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
What to do except buying somewhere else ? No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

For the last 4 years I have tried to do business with Busybee Tools. As many of us, I was impressed by the unbeatable price. Unfortunately, every single order I have placed was a nightmare. Defective dust collector, items not as described, items not available, orders not shipped after several months, missing parts. I have never received a full order without having to complain about it.
3 days ago, after 29 days, I have received an email to let me know the item I was waiting for (a 38” straightedge) was discountinued. The item is still on their website and still able to be ordered.
What the heck ?.

So my decision today is to let them go. I am sure there are customers who are happy with this kind of non responsible or not proactive behaviour, but today I fed up, really.

Unbeatable price sometime meand unbeatable waste of time.
Place an order at leevalley.com instead, get your stuff at your door within a breeze and go back to what you like the most, woodworking !.

-- Johnny Boy

View Johnny Boy's profile

Johnny Boy

View BigAl98's profile

BigAl98

“You get what you pay for” sometimes takes a long time to learn. I too use to hunt down the bargin price and find out it wasn’t so cheap after all. For example, Harbor Freight is one of the hardest stores to shop in, as you must decide is the price worth the evident (or not so evident) quality…value analysis depends on personal circumstances …sometimes even emotional.

-- Al,New Jersey -To thine own self be true

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

A lesson learned…good for you. It seems we all are willing to try something at the cheapest price, hoping it will work. I have three HF trim routers and 12 clamps that are a testament to that thinking, but maybe we need to buy the best we can afford, enjoying it’s use. I think I would enjoy using an expensive tool than enjoying the cheap price of a poor one.

Thanks for sharing your story.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View doordude's profile

doordude

probally chinese crapy tools and crapy service. life’s to short. you made the right choice

View jim C's profile

jim C

Factories have a certain amount of rejects at the end of the mfg. process, and those go to a holding area and are quarantined.
A company like Busy Bee buys the entire lot at a big discount and puts them up for sale. Thats why you see the great prices. Unfortunately, the product was a reject.
Sometimes it’s just scratches or cosmetics, but still a defective product.
I ordered a range hood online that was $300.00 everywhere, but $200.00 at this particular website. When I received it there were scratches all over the top and back. It was usable as it’s an under cabinet hood. The front that shows was fine. But it was obviously a reject and sold to this retailer at a deep discount.
Large stores on the Web like Amazon, ABT etc. don’t practice this but the Mom & Pop websites do it all the time.

View grumpy749's profile

grumpy749

hay Bigal98. I hear ya. But as you know any man who consideres price only is another mans lawful pray. OR somthing like that. Iv’e gone down that road a few times myself but hopefully never again. One thing you should do though is email the general manager of of Busy Bee and letum know your frustrations. Do it in a professional maner and you may be surprised and get a response. Its worked for me. Measure twice and cut …...... oh the hell with it, buy more stock. grumpy.

-- Denis in Grande Prairie. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mistery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.....Pink !

View grumpy749's profile

grumpy749

The last coment should have went to Sebastien Ochart and not to BigAl98. my mistake guys, sorry about that.