Makita 9403 4 x 24 inch, 11 amp belt sander

Review by Sawdustmaker posted 11-29-2011 09:18 PM 6344 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Makita 9403 4  x 24 inch, 11 amp belt sander Makita 9403 4  x 24 inch, 11 amp belt sander Makita 9403 4  x 24 inch, 11 amp belt sander Click the pictures to enlarge them

After reading many reviews and comparisons on heavy duty belt sanders, all roads seem to lead me to this work horse. I looked at my local box store and although they did not carry it, they did have it in their tool rental section. I asked the guy who works on all the rental tools and he said the only problem he has with them, is when people put them down while it is still moving, it eats the cord for lunch. It is a heavy unit which really helps get the job done and if you don’t keep it moving, it will eat you project wood. I used it for 2 days straight on a storage loft project using 4×6 x 12’ and 2×8 x 16’ pressure treated wood. It has plenty of power too. It does not matter if you are using a 180 grit or an 80 grit belt, it just does not slow down. The cord is 10 foot long so you don’t end up stepping on the plug (I was using an extension cord outside) all the time. It has a simple lever that takes the tension off the belt for changing that is easy to use. Right out of the box the tracking was dead on it has stayed that way. The bag picks up an amazing amount of dust and is easy to dump with no zipper to get stuck. If your have a need for HEAVY DUTY sanding, this is the machine for you. Don’t just take my word for it. Check out the numerous reviews on Amazon.

-- Brian, Virginia Beach

View Sawdustmaker's profile

Sawdustmaker

#1 posted 11-29-2011 11:34 PM

Great looking sander.

Did you rent it or buy it?

View Sawdustmaker's profile

Sawdustmaker

#2 posted 11-30-2011 02:30 PM

I purchased it on Amazon Karson. The shipping was free to my front door.

-- Brian, Virginia Beach

View Chad's profile

Chad

#3 posted 11-30-2011 05:42 PM

What i like best about this sander for me is, the wieght of this sander is more than enough down pressure to remove plenty of material. Real easy to use. It can remove a lot of material fast if you want it to. Right on about the dust collection, it actually collects most of the dust. Fills pretty fast, but easy to empty. A work horse in deed.

-- Go Blue!