Great setup with repeatable results

Review by Toddmc posted 1008 days ago 4120 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great setup with repeatable results No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had the Mast-R-Lift II complete table system for about 6 or 7 monthes, and feel like it is time to do a review on it after using it extensivly. The package I got came with the stand, the table top, the fence, the mast-R-lift II router lift, power tek switch, reducing rings, and 4 parrallegram feather boards. To set up this whole system and get everything aligned took about 4 hours.

The stand is very sturdy and made of thicker material than the run of the mill open angle iron stand. There are independently adjustable rubber foot on all the legs so it can be leveled perfectly. The power switch has a two plugs with the one main on off switch. My only beef here is when I unplug my moble dust collector it pulls the lug out of the socket and I have to push it back in everytime. I have not conntacted customer support about this yet but I will.

The router lift has everything you could want from one, I can change bits above the table, has extreamly smooth operation even after being caked with sawdust, and is of heavy construction. This system I think will last a long time, it is very sturdy. I got a brand new porter cable 7518 variable speed router to go in it. Had zero problems with the installation from what I remember. This router has been able to handle everything that comes its way from the finesse of small bits to the large panel cutters. It works great! I use all whiteside bits and the cut quality is perfect with repeatable results.

The router fence is in perfect alignment. There is no catch when placing a board across the opening where the router bit goes. There are a lot of traks in the fence to use home made jigs on, so the options are really endless with this fence. The feather boards that come with the unit work great and are of heavy plastic construction. I do have one problem with them, thte package I ordered did not come with the extra long bolts to alow for stacking of the feather boards (not a problem just would have expected the 8 extra bolts to be included since they are specialty type bolts, they have like a stud type ending for use with the T track as a locking mechnism). I also thought that the fence stop would have been included but it was not (my thought was something called the complete router package should have it included, not a problem just my opionion).

Overall I would give it 4 stars due to the power switch problem, and not really having anything to compare it to (I upgraded from a $150 dollar craftsmen router and router table setup). I would definatly buy this setup again in a heartbeat.

View Toddmc's profile

Toddmc

30 posts in 2001 days

View Bearpie's profile

Bearpie

I have the same set-up and it is great! Much easier to use than my old set-up which I had problems using due to my bad back and cannot lift the router which is spring loaded to the proper height without a lot of fiddling! Now I simply turn the crank, measure, test and go! I found mine on Craigslist and when I went to pick it up there were a bunch of other stuff available which I also picked up. I spent $600. for about $1200. worth! Good day for me.

-- Erwin, Jacksonville, FL

View exelectrician's profile

exelectrician

I am currently researching router tables and lifts and I am glad I read your objective review. I agree and understand your frustration when you are short of a few hard to find bolts or screws, it can take quite a bit of time to get your hands on them, just when you need them right now, to get your current project finished. The cost to the manufacturer, has got to be way less than it is to a customer going to a store, to try and find what he needs, and then buying something that may be jury rigged.
NOTE. Your equipment may not be grounded if the “lug” comes out of the socket! My recommendation is to get customer service to fix this fast!

-- Love thy neighbour as thyself

View xwingace's profile

xwingace

Thanks for the review, I have been looking to get a quality router table. This might be the ticket!

-- I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.