Dewalt Biscuits Align Tabletops Accurately

Review by pintodeluxe posted 979 days ago 1345 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dewalt Biscuits Align Tabletops Accurately No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

These Dewalt Biscuits fit snugly into the slot compared to other brands I have used. In the dozens of tubes of Porter Cable biscuits I have used, they are always a little loose. That is fine for most work, but these Dewalt biscuits are better. Because the fit is so good, it actually aligns the edges for you. This is very helpful when doing glue-ups for tabletops.
I realized how good the fit was when I mistakenly put biscuits in the slots on both sides of the joint. When I realized I had added too many biscuits and went to remove them – I COULDN’T PULL THEM OUT! It took pliers to remove them.
Very pleased with this product. Mine came in a plastic tube, so I don’t think they had absorbed any moisture in storage/transport.
Addendum: my boys and I did an experiment with these biscuits and two pieces of white oak. We cut slots, added biscuits, and soaked the boards in water for a few minutes. Then we let the boards sit on the counter for 20 minutes to let the biscuits expand. Everyone in the family tried to pull those boards apart, but no one could do it. We did not glue the joint, just plain water. I can tell you it changed my mind about biscuits.

So they didn’t leave any room for glue , ay ?
I was wondering about the RH factor , thanks for noting that in your review : )
It would be interesting to see how much they swell up versus the PC brand after getting wet.

View ChuckC's profile

ChuckC

Good review. I save those little silica gel crystal bags you get with shoes and put them in the container to absorb any moisture.

View vipond33's profile

vipond33

We use biscuits by the hundreds at work and found that the original Lamello brand is the most accurate. Also the most expensive. Each one looks like it took them 20 minutes to make. Haven’t tried the DeWalt brand but we will if they come in boxes of 1000 at a reasonable price. Thanks for the heads up.

-- gene@toronto.ontario.canada : dovetail free since '53, critiques always welcome.