Versatile, cost effective LED light

Review by WoodworkGuy posted 11-10-2011 04:51 PM 2221 views 2 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Versatile, cost effective LED light Versatile, cost effective LED light Versatile, cost effective LED light Click the pictures to enlarge them

I found a great, cost-effective light at my local home center (Menards). It’s called the hang-on work light by Sentry Industries. It has 27 LED lights and runs on 3 “AAA” batteries (included).

It has a magnet on the back, but also has a really nice swivel hook that allows you to mount it virtually everywhere. For $5 it was a great deal. I can see using this light (or buying more) to light other items in the shop or home. I can’t think of a better safety item – a cost efficient, versatile bright light for your workshop and power tools.

-- Making sawdust and memories through woodworking.

View WoodworkGuy's profile

WoodworkGuy

View devann's profile

devann

#1 posted 11-10-2011 11:46 PM

I clicked on this hoping for a ac powered light. It is a neat little light you have there. I bought one and gave it to one of my brothers for use inside his tool trailer for light without turning on the truck lights. They are $3 down here at the regional farm supply stores.

-- Darrell, making more sawdust than I know what to do with

View Mark Shymanski's profile

Mark Shymanski

#2 posted 11-11-2011 06:37 AM

These LED lights are incredible, I’ll have to keep my eye open for something like this lamp up here.

-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2

View ratchet's profile

ratchet

#3 posted 11-11-2011 03:06 PM

I have one for power outages and they are amazingly bright. Never thought to use in the shop. Be great if they made a plug in model.

View wildbill001's profile

wildbill001

#4 posted 11-11-2011 11:29 PM

My wife gave me something similar last year for Christmas. It was marketed as a light for the BBQ. Has magnets on the base and a long gooseneck. I use it on the bandsaw. Don’t think it ever made it to the BBQ.

Bill W

-- "You can tell the pioneers by the arrows in their back" -- Unknown

View Givint41's profile

Givint41

#5 posted 06-10-2012 11:32 PM

Right there mate. LED light is really awesome when it comes to its light compare to other kind.