Sanded Quality Edges!

Review by Kelen posted 1015 days ago 2351 views 2 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Sanded Quality Edges! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ll keep my review succinct as I know there’s an extensive number of reviews on the Forrest Woodworker II 10-inch 40 tooth available on the internet (168 reviews on Amazon last time I checked). This saw blade is advertised to leave a rip-cut saw edge as smooth as if it had been sanded. I must say, the results are completely in line with those advertised. I’ve ripped several types of wood in varying thicknesses using this blade and the blade has never failed to leave a smooth a finish. The teeth are incredibly sharp and I’m comforted in knowing I can send it in for a modest cost and have them resharpened when necessary.

The one feature I will comment on is the level of noise, which is noticeably less compared to other cheaper blades I’ve used. It was nice to flip it on the first time and notice a significant difference in the noise level. I knew the cut quality would be excellent based on my research, but the noise level was an added bonus.

The blade was a little bit of a splurge as I’m still getting my feet wet in the world of woodworking. Given the choice again, the price tag on this blade was well worth the quality. Look forward to cutting many more boards in the future with this blade.

View Kelen's profile

Kelen

View jeff's profile

jeff

642 posts in 2089 days

isn’t splurging the best…nice review…

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

View jfk4032's profile

jfk4032

Love the Forrest blades as well…I think it’s time to send my table saw blade in for a sharpening, thanks for the reminder of their service for that.

-- ---Joel; Central MD...rookie empter nester and getting back into woodworking!

How does it do on 8/4 stock?

View Kelen's profile

Kelen

I’ve run only a limited number of 8/4 board feet through and it handled it fine from what I can tell. I think though if that’s going to be the majority of what you’re cutting, I’d go with a little less teeth.

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

5414 posts in 2000 days

My 40T WWII would cut to 8/4” pretty well depending on the material and saw, but as Kelen suggests, you’d be better off with fewer teeth for regular ripping at that thickness. If you need smoother edges on your 8/4” than a 24T will provide, I’d heartily suggest the WWII 30T (TK for < 3hp)....my 30T was darn near as clean cutting as the 40T but was noticeably more efficient ripping thick stock.

Mine has over 100 Cutting Boards made from 8/4. Purple Heart, Black Walnut, Rock Maple, Paduak & cherry and I have not yet had to send in for re-sharpening. I had vibration in the first one I bought but when I called they were SO NICE! They FedEX’ed me a replacement blade and wanted the old one to go to the R&D depaartment to find out why. No questions asked. Great blades! Enjoy.

View glassyeyes's profile

glassyeyes

136 posts in 1953 days

I have the 30-tooth Forrest WWII, and can’t imagine using anything else for at least half my work.

-- Now, where did I put those bandaids?