Good Value, Serves its Purpose

Review by Kelen posted 11-09-2011 03:50 AM 1954 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Value, Serves its Purpose No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve probably waited much longer than I should have to purchase a featherboard setup for my table saw. Reading more into the magnetic featherboards and some of their reviews, I knew this would be the most versatile option instead of those that function using the miter track. I stumbled upon the Ridgid one online and read many positive reviews about it. The price point was also attractive relative to other brands that were selling for $50+ for what seemed to be the same basic concept.

The goal of this tool is pretty simple and straight forward, keep stock snugly against the table saw fence. I realize there are other applications outside of exclusive use on the table saw, but this is what I’ve primarily used it for and what I’m basing my assessment on. Simply put, the featherboard is easy to use (just turn a knob to engage the magnets). The magnets hold firmly in place. I’ll admit, it’s possible to move the featherboard with some pretty strong pressure when the magnets are engaged, but I wouldn’t expect it to hold under all circumstances. My stress test gave me all the confidence that this will perform as expected and give plenty of holding force against stock.

View Kelen's profile

Kelen

View BigAl98's profile

BigAl98

#1 posted 11-09-2011 05:03 AM

I got mine at HomeDepot for about $29 a few months back…good deal!

-- Al,New Jersey -To thine own self be true

View Kelen's profile

Kelen

#2 posted 11-09-2011 05:06 AM

That’s where I picked mine up as well a while back. Very good deal.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#3 posted 11-09-2011 02:42 PM

I reviewed this product a few months ago and came to the same conclusion. Its a solid accessory with tons of applications. I use mine on my jointer and bandsaw too.

View JohnL's profile

JohnL

#4 posted 11-09-2011 05:17 PM

I managed to pick a couple these up at a tool outlet center. When I walked in the door I was handed a scratch-off coupon and got these and some other things for 30% off. They’re fantastic.

-- I'm looking forward to regretting this.