Lie-Nielsen Rabbet Block Plane (with Nickers) - Awesome

Review by semmons23 posted 10-29-2011 05:27 AM 5802 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Lie-Nielsen Rabbet Block Plane (with Nickers) - Awesome No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve posted a review of this hand plane on my blog – check it out if you’re interested.

View semmons23's profile

semmons23

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#1 posted 10-29-2011 05:44 PM

thanks for the review…. I have the L&N low angle block and was wondering if this would be a good one to have as well.

View buffalosean's profile

buffalosean

174 posts in 2038 days

#2 posted 10-30-2011 04:08 AM

cant go wrong when you purchase anything from Lie Nielson

-- There are many ways to skin a cat...... but, the butter knife is not recommended

View maljr1980's profile

maljr1980

#3 posted 10-30-2011 04:18 AM

a rabbeting block plane is on my list of tools i want, along with the skew block plane with adjustable fence. for now i will have to stick to my low angle block and my no. 92 rabbet plane.

View mpmitche's profile

mpmitche

#4 posted 10-30-2011 03:35 PM

I have one of these and love it as well. Mine is used as both a low angle block for regular work and for cutting rabbits. I think if I could have two planes instead though it would be a skew moving fililister and a low angle block. For one plane trying to do several jobs this one is great though.

-- Mike, Western New York

View Ed Pirnik's profile

Ed Pirnik

#5 posted 11-07-2011 10:56 PM

Ahhh, the next hand tool on my wish list. I don’t think I’ve acrued quite enough quarters in my loose change bucket, however. Another three months perhaps. Don’t tell my wife!

-- Ed Pirnik, Fine Woodworking Web Producer