Rolair JC10, super QUIET! compressor

Review by Eric posted 10-26-2011 03:57 PM 7125 views 1 time favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rolair JC10, super QUIET! compressor Rolair JC10, super QUIET! compressor No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

If I had one word to describe this compressor, it would be QUIET!

This is a 1 HP, super quiet, oil-less, single stage, two pump, 115 volt, 8 amp, that runs at 60 dB!

It runs one nail at a time with no problems. I have used it from framing, finish work and wood working projects.

Not much else to say. Did I mention it is QUIET?

It is a little pricey, compared to other compressors but is worth it in my opinion.

Eric

-- Eric "That's all very well and human, but when will you stop having to apologize and start doing your very best you can? When will you begin?"

View Sawkerf's profile

Sawkerf

#1 posted 10-26-2011 05:55 PM

I had a Campbell Hausfeld 1 gal pancake compressor for a few years and really liked it – except for the racket it made. I even ran a framing nailer with it a few times and it kept up – as long as I didn’t go nuts with the gun.

Last year, I got the Senco 1 gal and love it. Very quiet, and supports all of my nailing needs.

-- Adversity doesn't build character...................it reveals it.

View 747DRVR's profile

747DRVR

199 posts in 2009 days

#2 posted 10-26-2011 06:29 PM

60 dbs? That’s about as loud as my PorterCable is while it’s unplugged.

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

#3 posted 10-27-2011 05:01 AM

Wow, that is easy on the ears, I have an oil comp now after I could not live with the oil less that would wake up the folks in the next county. Will check it out.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

#4 posted 10-27-2011 05:43 AM

Thanks for the review. I generally avoid using my bostich compressor because of the noise.

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

View PutnamEco's profile

PutnamEco

155 posts in 1938 days

#5 posted 10-27-2011 06:21 AM

It is great that a manufacturer is stepping up and offering a quiet oil less compressor.
Looks like the pump is similar to my Thomas T-2820ST. How long does it take to refill from the bottom of it’s cycle?

-- “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

#6 posted 10-27-2011 11:28 AM

When the tank is completely empty, it takes 40-45 seconds to fill the tank.

View GaryL's profile

GaryL

#7 posted 10-27-2011 12:51 PM

I’ve had a RolAir that is about 22 years old that I have used and abused beyond belief. Have only had to put a $17 head gasket in it and it’s still going strong. Their a little more money and usually have to be ordered but are well worth the extra $$.

-- Gary; Marysville, MI...Involve your children in your projects as much as possible, the return is priceless.

View PutnamEco's profile

PutnamEco

155 posts in 1938 days

#8 posted 10-27-2011 03:36 PM

Nice to know there is a quiet oil less with a quick recovery, with Thomas AirPac in limbo, I’ll have to give Rolair a serious consideration when my Thomas wears out . I always like to have an oil less set up for trim and finish work, and I really can’t stand the racket of those little pancakes. The Rolair wheelbarrow compressors are pretty popular in these parts.

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#9 posted 10-27-2011 05:28 PM

Check out the video by Dave Reinhold: Click Here for Video Demo

I think this unit sells (without guns) for around $225… I was looking at it for myself…
Thanks for posting.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

#10 posted 10-27-2011 06:49 PM

I purchased it from Acme Tools for $199 plus tax.
Yes, I saw the video. It helped me decide on purchasing this compressor.

View Cory's profile

Cory

723 posts in 2071 days

#11 posted 10-28-2011 03:48 PM

Wow. That seems too good to be true.

Is it wrong to hope my compressor fails soon?

-- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.

View wookie's profile

wookie

#12 posted 10-29-2011 08:16 AM

Cool video. Eric what is the max pressure of the unit? The Porter-Cable says 150. I own an All-Power 4.6 gal. twin tank that is super quiet. To tell you the truth, the motor looks and sounds the same as mine. The only complaint I have with mine is the max 110 psi. Sometimes I do not believe I am getting that much. 18 gauge gun runs fine. 16 gauge you have to watch and make sure they being sunk. You feel like you’d like to turn her up a little more but she’s maxed out, ( that’s what she said) lol. Thanks for the review. Looks like a nice machine.

-- Wookie=Wood Rookie

View marvinlee's profile

marvinlee

#13 posted 07-04-2012 03:29 PM

I have the Rolair JC10 and it truly is quiet. The unit sits on a low shelf in the garage, so I’ve added a 45-degree 1/8” brass fitting to make the output pressure gauge tilt upward for easier reading. The next step is to add a quarter turn brass tank drain valve and that will be the last modification. It is a very pleasant compressor to live with.