One star says too much

Review by sawblade1 posted 1002 days ago 3824 views 0 times favorited 32 comments Add to Favorites Watch
One star says too much No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Good afternoon LJ’s I am posting a review of customer service by Grizzly, Their attitude really stinks and their way of doing things does too. 241 days ago Not even a year yet I purchased and did a review on this machine well today I rue the day I left Delta to try the Bear :( I have been left handling a bunch of bear SH** as nice as I try to be it seems that I must write this blog to warn others of the crap I am facing!!!!!

Here’s the scoop back in July I broke the dust hood nothing major just a piece of simple plastic and with most other brands they would just send another one , WRONG they back ordered it till the end of NOVEMBER!!!!!
plus talking to their tech support about the drum cutting the rolls of paper making a chatter due to a bearing problem that cropped up, and a circuit breaker that constantly trips and getting excuses not results I am FED UP WITH GRIZZLY!!!!! I have a 1973 Delta/Rockwell 6” Jointer I can get parts for Except for some bronze bushing you can find at any machine store. Delta would send me the parts off of a new saw in their warehouse ( done it before) To make sure my experience is great with their tools. well LJ’s Grizzly seems to not care and I will do my best not to buy another power tool From them again.

-- Proverbs Ch:3 vs 5,6,7 Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding but in all your ways aknowledge him and he shall direct your path elmerthomas81@neo.rr.com

View sawblade1's profile

sawblade1

View RandyMarine's profile

RandyMarine

235 posts in 1965 days

Sorry for your experience, but I own a few grizzley tools including the polar bear series baby drum sander…and I have never had a problem with them…what machine did you have issue with?

-- Semper Fi, Randy Sr.

From the photo, it looks like the 10” cantilevered drum sander…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View sawblade1's profile

sawblade1

Randy Go716 DB host it is the 10”
BTW Any body know the president on grizzly’s E-mail or Phone #

View Michael Wilson's profile

Michael Wilson

No fun. But I’ve got to chime in having been a frequent customer of theirs for the last couple years and I’ve had stellar customer service from them at every turn, from part problems to strange freight requests. They’ve always responded with alacrity and been eager to please. shrug

View TheBossQ's profile

TheBossQ

So they have out and out said they are not going to help you with these issues? On a machine less than a year old?

That’s the funny thing about some of these companies these days. You “always” have a good experience with them, until you don’t. Someone with nothing but good experiences should feign a problem with their machine, call up Grizzly and see how it goes. I’ve had this happen to me. Deal with a company for years, have nothing but positive experiences, and then it seems, overnight, they crap on you as a customer.

You tell them of the thousands of dollars in repeat business you’ve sent their way over the years and they simply don’t care anymore. Unless you’re calling them with your wallet wide open that is …

View Jim Jakosh's profile (online now)

Jim Jakosh

Wow, sawlade. That is poor service, but I have always had good service and have not experienced that at all. Some times ti pays to hang up and call right back. Make note of the person who answers always. They are in a call center like most companies and some people are more customer oriented than other. it is good that you don’t get an operators in India lie a lot of companies. If you still don’t get the service you want, ask to speak to a supervisor.

I once called Lincoln on one of their air powered grease guns. I asked the girl in the call center if she would send me a couple check valve springs because the one I had was weak and I had to take it out about every 3 fittings and stretch it. She said they could not do that because they had a $50 min for shipping orders. I hung up and called again and got a different girl and told her we used to pull keys or screws off the line all the time to satisfy customers at Steelcase. She said okay and sent me six of them for free!
It depends a lot on the person and how much they are empowered to do to satisfy a customer.

..............Jim

Sawblade… The president of Grizzly / Shop Fox is named Shiraz Balolia, and he is a member at Sawmill Creek.

I somewhat doubt you are going to get anywhere with him, but you are more than welcome to try…

It’s sad actually, there are a couple of big ticket purchases I would love to make, and Grizzly was on the top of my list… Their current practice of short supplies and lousy customer service have cost them my business.

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

I have always been hesitant to try grizzly.
I am considering a cyclone and there has a lower noise.
Thanks for the warning…

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

View Delta356's profile

Delta356

(Sawblade1) I’m sorry to hear about this bad news. Thats sucks with a new tool. I will say I was very surprised when I saw you bought grizzly, being a big Delta fan you are. You know me, so I’m I. For the last year I have been seeming more and more bad reviews on grizzly, and with there customer service.

As I have said before stick with a brand that you had no trouble with….

I’m going to buy ticket and fly to you and both of us can go to grizzly and demand a knew part LOL.

Well ware some Delta T-Shirts, That will show them…. LOL

Thanks, Michael Frey
Portland,OR

FREY WOODWORKING INC.

View wiswood2's profile

wiswood2

I got the same sander and never a problem, on it or the other 15 grizzly tools I own and I ame ordering a new jointer because my so called great Delta just quit running again The 5th time in 3 years this time it goes to the land fill where it should of went the first time. When I sent it to their service Dept. They would not even tell me what was wrong any of the times. The garbage guy comes tomarow and if he wll take it I will be rid of that junk,

Chuck.

-- Chuck, wiswood2 www.wisconsinwoodchuck.com

111999 posts in 2173 days

I have a good number of grizzly tools and have had good experiences with their customer service. But seeing a number of post that seem to being having problems with customer service at grizzly makes me very concerned.

I owned one Grizzly in my life….briefly , very briefly. Patched it up and Passed it on to a Craigslist buyer.

View jeepturner's profile

jeepturner

@ Chuck AKA wiswood2.
Hey don’t throw it away. I am sure some woodworker around you would want it. I would but I am a tad too far to make it to your place by morning.

Sorry to hear of the troubles with Grizzly

-- Mel,

View Mike's profile

Mike

I own several Grizzly tools and I have had mildly good luck and some really bad experiences too. If the machine has more than 5 moving parts such as their 14” bandsaw I tend not to go any where near it. I had a drill press that was dropping it’s chuck and it was just over 1 year old and they refused to help me at all. I ended up buying a second chuck as a replacement when in the end I really didn’t need it. I was lucky in that I was able to use it in my lathe.

A second issue arose with my lathe that I purchased from them. The bearings had a flat in them after about 6 months. It took 2 weeks to convince them that the bearings needed to be replaced. They finally sent out new ones and tried to charge me for shipping. I had to fight with a manager for them to waive the charge for something that was covered under their warranty.

Ridgid on the other hand has bent over backwards when my planer had some parts crack when a knot exploded out of a board. They said that even though it was out of the main 1 year warranty, that they would send out the part for me. I though I was going to need to pay for that and I was so surprised that they did it for me for free. Two different companies, two different styles of customer service. I think it is the difference between a corporate owned company versus a privately owned one.

By the way, Sears has some of the worst customer support that I have run across lately. They make Grizzly look like gold.

-- look Ma! I still got all eleven of my fingers! - http://www.termitecrafts.com

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

Shiraz Balolia

he has not been on sawmill creek for a while.

i am not surprised if all companies are cutting corners in this economy.

-- shdesign3.com