Just the ticket--especially for Festool Boom Arm users.

Review by thiel posted 10-19-2011 03:57 AM 3391 views 2 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Just the ticket--especially for Festool Boom Arm users. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Gang,

I’m still recovering from the flood (going well!) but having tired myself out already this week, I figured I’d post a review or two.

I got the boom arm for my Festool C26 and was shocked to find out that once you install it, you have no place to wrap the (ample) vac cord. A bit of research to find the solution.

These cord wrap hooks from Lee Valley mount to almost any kind of tube/bar/board and are just the thing! They also toggle toward the center to allow a quick release of cord—nice! At $9.95 they are priced right as well. Here’s a photo of the hooks attached to my vac:

Here’s the link at Lee Valley: http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=65679&cat=1,43456,43460

(Make sure to search for cord HOOKS not cord WRAPS.)

In the photo, you can also see the mod I made to adjust the boom arm for my lower ceiling. Hope this helps someone!

—Thiel