Works well and Comfortable

Review by PurpLev posted 10-18-2011 03:27 AM 1853 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Works well and Comfortable Works well and Comfortable No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got this for my daughter from as she likes to help in the shop and will cover her ears with her hands everytime a power tool is turned on (very good). I want her to be able to help with jigsaw cuts and sanding and having the shopvac on while working with both so this is a must to have her focused on the work and not on the noise.

The ear protection can be lengthened or shortened and the range can accommodate a 3-4 y/o on the short end and a small-medium adult on the long range (it actually can fit me).

This set sits snuggly around the head and ears and feels secure yet does not seem to be putting too much pressure and it doesn’t feel too tight and is quite comfortable to wear. it is light weight and has a small profile and does not have the extra weight and bulkiness as other sets (I have the peltor adult set and it is quite bigger and heavier) that I am considering getting another one for me…shhhh. and it seems to be working well blocking noise as well according to my testing it and comparing it with my other set.

comes in pink or blue. good investment for the long run if you have kids in the shop and even if you don’t.

View PurpLev's profile

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

#1 posted 10-18-2011 03:31 AM

Wise man….

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#2 posted 10-18-2011 04:12 AM

Money well spent, Sharon.

-- by Lee A. Jesberger

View Torr's profile

19 posts in 2064 days

#3 posted 10-18-2011 04:49 AM

+1 on these. My daughter likes hers. Never a problem getting her to wear them and her safety glasses when we are working on project together.

#4 posted 10-18-2011 04:52 AM

Great looking muffs.

Anything to keep everyone safe.

-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia †

View woodzy's profile

418 posts in 2097 days

#5 posted 10-18-2011 04:58 AM

Thanks for the review. I was looking for a good pair.
My oldest is getting interested in what the bigger tools do.
Scary for me but i guess safety is the first step.

-- Anthony

View lilredweldingrod's profile

#6 posted 10-18-2011 06:37 AM

Being one that did not pay attention to noise in my younger years, I am paying for it now. It will reap dividends in the future by making this a part of the safety lessons taught today.

Kudos to you, Sharon for teaching your daughter right and having her in the shop.

Also, I must say you look ravishing in pink. lol I strongly suggest the blue for you. lol

View ellen35's profile

#7 posted 10-18-2011 12:51 PM

Wonderful to see a young woman who loves woodworking and a father that encourages it!
Is it pink for girls and blue for boys… or can we be wild and crazy and put the pink on the boys and the blue on the girls ;-)

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

#8 posted 10-18-2011 04:41 PM

Ellen, silly me I thought Pink would be more suitable, but apparently this week blue became her fav. color – so I may end up getting her the blue and …. um…. I might be wearing the pink for those cases that I don’t need the extra 8Db reduction in noise (planer for example would require the better ear protection set) ;)

View BreakingBoardom's profile

#9 posted 10-18-2011 06:00 PM

Thanks for the review. My daughter keeps stealing mine so I guess it’s time for her to get her own pair. Looks like a nice set.

-- Matt -

View Dennisgrosen's profile

#10 posted 10-18-2011 06:15 PM

thank´s Purplev …. does it says 3M on the side …. then I gess there is a chance to get it here too :-)
when you need the exstra protection the wear the yellow earplugs under the pink …. it works
and you will never miss your pink …. LOL

whats next years hot fasion colour ….. purple ?

take care

#11 posted 10-18-2011 06:42 PM

Thats a good idea Dennis (the extra earplugs), and yes it is a 3M on the side of it. next year is neon yellow ;)

View cmmyakman's profile

76 posts in 2074 days

#12 posted 10-18-2011 07:06 PM

Good information – Thank you

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View Murdock's profile

118 posts in 1902 days

#13 posted 10-18-2011 07:08 PM

I purchased a couple sets for my daughters for woodworking and fireworks (the 2.5 year old gets startled by them :)

I love that my oldest is interested in my hobbies and love seeing other kids getting involved too.

-- "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

View moonls's profile

#14 posted 10-18-2011 10:35 PM

I just got a good suggestion for a grandchild’s Christmas present. Thanks!

-- Lorna, Cape Cod

View Dennisgrosen's profile

#15 posted 10-18-2011 11:04 PM

okay ….Neon Yellow … not Neon Green … not Neon Orange … but Neon Yellow
a 5 gallon paint in Neon yellow is ordred …. better have enoff to paint the hole comunity …. Neon yellow
and 5000 meters reflex tape …... always safty first …. right