RIDGID R9651 18-Volt Hyper-Lithium 5-Tool Combo Kit Great buy!

Review by agallant posted 10-17-2011 04:40 PM 2698 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
RIDGID R9651 18-Volt Hyper-Lithium 5-Tool Combo Kit  Great buy! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had this kit for about 4 years now. It has been great. This is why I like this kit.

1. Only one battery has stopped holding a charge
2. I have left this in the bed of my truck not in the bag for a week, it rained and the tools still work fine,
3. I have dropped them off of the roof, counter you name it and nothing ever borke.,
4. 18 vold is powerfull enough for everything I need to do.
5. The sawzall has had some searous abuse and has never stopped working

There are only two things bad about this kit.
1. The skill saw is small but I have used other cordless ones and they are all the same.
2. The drill died last year so I had to replace it but in all fairness, the drill that came with it was over worked and abused, it gave me more than I expected so i am still happy with it.

View agallant's profile

agallant

View mathom7's profile

mathom7

#1 posted 10-18-2011 04:44 AM

Did Ridgid replace the drill when it went out? Or was it due to damage?

The warranty is one of the reasons I bought the this Ridgid system over 2 years ago. I wanted a hammer drill and an impact gun, this kit included both for about the $100 more then I would have paid for just the hammer drill.

View agallant's profile

agallant

#2 posted 10-18-2011 04:53 AM

I did not try to send it back too them. Their website states that power tools will ware out and that is not covered. I abused the drill it was my fault so I bit the bullet and bought a new drill