Good Jig Saw Great Price

Review by patcollins posted 1039 days ago 2782 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Jig Saw Great Price Good Jig Saw Great Price No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Another reconditioned tool from Direct Tools factory outlet in Hagarstown MD. This one looked brand new except for the RECOND branded into the housing.

This is a standard orbital jig saw with adjustable blade angle, adjustable shoe angle, adjustable orbital motion. adjustable locking speed, and a max speed limiter on the trigger. It has plenty of control and power and far more adjustements than I will ever need. I can’t really see myself needing the adjustable blade angle or the adjustable shoe angle but you never know. The laser is a very nice touch, I dont make straight line cuts with a jig saw anyway but it does help keep on target.

I am going to knock it down some because the blade angle adjustment and the show angle adjustment dont have stops for 0 degrees. Im going to give it 4 stars, I know its not in the same league as a Bosch or Dewalt but I only paid $35 for it and for that I am going to bump it up for that.

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

View RibsBrisket4me's profile

RibsBrisket4me

Kinda looks like my older Bosch. ———-$35????? What a steal! Congrats.——

-- http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid6255915

View maljr1980's profile

maljr1980

dewalt lol, i wouldnt that jigsaw in the same category as a bosch either :)

View Jimi_C's profile

Jimi_C

I have this too, and I cannot get it to cut a straight line. I’ve tried different blades, different orbit settings, different speeds – doesn’t matter. It always wants to drift to the left in the cut, so I have to skew it 5-10 degrees to the right to get it to track a line. I’m not sure if it’s the blade guide that causes this, but I relegate it to very rough lumber cuts where accuracy is no concern.

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

Maljr – No need for tool snobbery

Jimi_C I haven’t tried to cut a straight line with it but have cut some nice curves with pretty good control. I never considered a jig saw a precision tool though. So far ive only used a Bosch scrolling blade in it since I use a jig saw for cutting curves or demolition.

View Tango's profile

Tango

Jimi-C,

I had the same problem with mine….Got rid of it after many frustrating weeks. Got a Bosh instead! What a difference!

View jim C's profile

jim C

Jimi c
Try a Bosch coarse woodcutting blade with like 3-5 TPI. See if that helps you out from wandering.
Another thing to look at is that the sides of the teeth are not touching the guides. If they are, it dulls the teeth and the blade will wander.
I have the heavy duty “barrel” handle Bosch (Like $150.00) and let me tell you, with orbiting on, it will cut a straight line through a 2×4 as fast, if not faster than a circular saw. Scary!
It’s great for removing 2×6’s from a deck rather than plunging with a circular saw. Neat and clean.
When doing contour cuts, the orbiter is off or you cut and chew away wood. A monster.
It’s also pretty heavy.

View mtneye's profile

mtneye

Jimi_C & Tango, Thank You! I thought I was going crazy. I have the same Ryobi, and the saw kept training left into my metal guide. I asked the guy home depot, and I may as well had been speaking Rusian. He had no answer. His answer was to stick with the Ryobi, because it was over $100 cheaper than the Bosch.
I figured a jigsaw is a jigsaw, with different colors and nameplates (Price tags). It simply moves the blade up and down.
I looked
Lowes & noticed Porter Cable & Hytachi were about $100 less than the Bosh @ Home Depot.
So…my question is if I were to upgrade, should I pay more for Bosch, or go with PC or Hytachi?

View jim C's profile

jim C

I’m a Bosch addict after using mine so I can’t give a fair assessment.