Ridgid 1/2" Compact Cordless Drill is Great

Review by patcollins posted 1041 days ago 2285 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid 1/2" Compact Cordless Drill is Great Ridgid 1/2" Compact Cordless Drill is Great No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this drill at a Direct Tools outlet store in Hagerstown MD, they sell reconditioned Ridgid and Ryobi tools. Usually the only way you can tell that it is a reconditioned tool is the reconditioned stamp branded on the tool but this one had definate cosmetic wear. I wasn’t too pleased when I got it home and opened the box that it looked like it had been used on a construction site. Well, then I used it and WOW what an upgrade over the 12V B&D I had been using.

The Ridgid drill is very compact and light, and balances well sitting on its battery. It has an LED light that I didnt think much of until I had it on this drill and must say what a nice addition. The handle has very nice rubber grips. The chuck can be tightened with one hand, no holding the back part and tightening the front part. The lithium ion battery has power and run time to spare. I went from March to August before changing or charging a battery. I can’t think of a thing I would change on this drill other than having a cosmetically restored one to satisfy my OCD. I won’t dock it a star for that, its not like it was new.

I got the drill, a nice cloth bag, a charger and two lithium ion batteries for $120.

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

View ShaneA's profile

ShaneA

The power of the impact drivers is amazing. The 18v and above models are some serious drivers. Congrats on the new tool.

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

Oh this isnt an impact driver, just a drill.

View ShaneA's profile

ShaneA

Sorry, looked like an impact. Clearly says drill. I actually had that one for a short time. Liked it but one of the batteries was defective.

View maljr1980's profile

maljr1980

rigid has free batteries for life

View Radu's profile

Radu

Is a recon covered by Ridgid lifetime warranty?

View rodneyh's profile

rodneyh

Have the same drill, and it’s awesome.