Great Value

Review by DylanC posted 1052 days ago 2236 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Value No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I picked up this digital caliper for around $30 at a local Rockler. So far I couldn’t be happier. I compared it to a $100+ Mitutoyo at work and they were within a half a thousandth at full scale (5-6 inches). It also has a larger battery, so I’m hoping that it will last longer than the smaller watch battery types.

Whats in the box: 6” digital caliper, case, 2 batteries (one installed, one spare).

-- Dylan C ...Seems like all ever I make is sawdust...

View DylanC's profile

DylanC

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

These digital calipers are sure handy to have. I have one that’s 1/256 resolution. but they all have two bad things in common. the battery is always dead when you need them the most. and they are effected by cold or heat and humidity so I always have my trusty mechanical fractional on hand ;-)

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

I like the gauge I have… Funny though… I picked up mine from Harbor Freight a couple of years ago on sale and with the 20% coupon. The battery is still good. You never know… mine is accurate enough for my needs. I think they are the same manufacturer—relabeled and in some instances re-cased. Anyway… nice tools to use.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

Interesting, I have a Browne and Sharp but would not mind one that does fractions. A reason to go back to Rockler Sweet.

View TheBossQ's profile

TheBossQ

dustyal – I have the same one from Harbor Freight, and it’s quite accurate, as verified with a +/- .00005 Mitutoyo micrometer. I think it’s one of their better buys.

The iGaging looks like a lot nicer finished piece than the Harbor Freight item, though.

View lilredweldingrod's profile

lilredweldingrod

I don’t have that one, but I do have couple of Igaging tools that I use all the time and really like so far.