My New Grizzly Bandsaw

Review by Alongiron posted 1042 days ago 5234 views 2 times favorited 22 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My New Grizzly Bandsaw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I am in love! I have never reviewed a product and am not rerally sure how to do this but I do have to say that this product has changed and inhanced my woodworking so much. I have 2 blades that I work with; a 1/4 and 3/4 Highland Woodworking Wood Slicer blades that are amazing. I ordered the riser for this saw as well so I do use 105” blades. The setup is so easy. From the table to the fence to the miter gauge, it is so easy to square things up and get perfect cuts. The dust collection works so nice and the table sits at the perfect height. It has more then enough power to handle anything I send thru it. It cuts thru a piece of 8” walnut like it not even there.If you are in the market for a new Bandsaw..get one of these babies! I gotta go now and hug my Bandsaw! :)

-- Measure twice and cut once.....

View Alongiron's profile

Alongiron

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

I’m with you 100% on that one. When I got my Grizzly 14’ Ultimate Bandsaw it changed my woodworking ways entirely. I used to have an old Craftsman and always got caught running out of clearance or cutting crooked. that G0555 is great and the fence is accurate. I do logs on mine and it has plenty of power.

Enjoy it- you will have a whole new experience with that band saw!!..................Jim

View bluejazz's profile

bluejazz

Ditto. Particularly the part about it changing the way you approach woodworking. This bandsaw sure did that for me.

-- I'm 56. In my mind, I still feel 26. Until I do something physical; then I feel 76.

View zindel's profile

zindel

Thanks for the review! i have been looking at this one for so long it hurts! and sadly i have to wait a little longer as i am waiting to close on a house and i want to ship it there…but i do know what my house warming gift to myself will be! I do see you get that PB series is there any reason or difference? From what i have read they are exactly the same except the PB has a few less amps prob no big deal…but they are now priced the same sadly…

-- If you can't fix it with a hammer, You've got an electrical problem.

View Alongiron's profile

Alongiron

zindel..My Bandsaw is not the PB (Polar Bear) series. That machine is identical to my model G0555 with the exception of the white color. I would assume that it has to do with some marketing efforts. “Grizzly Bear and Polar Bear.

Jim.. Because of the thin curf blade of the band saw, I am doing alot of ripping on this and less on my table saw. One pass on the jointer and I am good to go. To me it is a lot more versital and safer then the table saw

-- Measure twice and cut once.....

View Pdub's profile

Pdub

I love mine also. I never realized how much I would use one until I got mine. It was a great addition to my shop!

-- Paul, North Dakota, USAF Ret.

View cajunpen's profile

cajunpen

I also have the same bandsaw – absolute perfection, I don’t think you could do any better – in it’s price range. I have been thinking of adding the riser attachment.

-- Bill - "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased." http://www.cajunpen.com/

View Michael Wilson's profile

Michael Wilson

Excellent! Thanks for the review. That thing looks hauntingly like a 14” Reliant I picked up at a garage sale.

Except for the fact that yours is new, works and probably has at least most of it’s critical parts :p

View live4ever's profile

live4ever

Definitely easier to hug it from behind. Have you found the same?

-- Optimists are usually disappointed. Pessimists are either right or pleasantly surprised. I tend to be a disappointed pessimist.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

Congrats on the purchase. I’ve was on the verge of buying that saw for several months. I ended-up with a Ridgid due to an irresistable deal, but everytime someone gloats about their 555 I’ll wonder “what could have been”? LOL. I don’t regret my purchase, but the more powerful motor and nicer stand on the Gizz would be nice.

View Scott Oldre's profile

Scott Oldre

374 posts in 2056 days

I too am a satisfied owner for 6 years. Also have the 6” riser, which I can’t imagine not having. With the amount of woodworking I do, I imagine this will last me until I can’t do it anymore.

-- Scott, Irmo SC

I have the same saw and love it. I have had mine going on 2 yrs I’m guessing. Great saw! Congrats to you!

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

I have this bandsaw & i concur..it’s great for the $$$

-- We call the destruction of replaceable human made items vandalism, while the destruction of irreplaceable natural resources is called development.

View oldreddog's profile

oldreddog

thanks for the review.

-- oldreddog

View Logan Craig's profile

Logan Craig

Thanks for the review. Can you tell me, what is the total height (at its highest point) of this bandsaw with the riser installed? I have some pretty severe height limitations and want to be sure I can fit this in my basement… I also plan on getting a roller base such as this one HTC HTC2000 Universal Mobile Base

Can you also recommend a specific blade for use with the riser? I expect to be resawing mostly, but I’m not sure how many tpi or thickness I should start with. I may buy two right off the bat to play around with.

thanks for the help!

-- Logan, Virginia

View Brian Scott's profile

Brian Scott

There are a lot of blades you can choose. Try searching one in the internet

-- No one is old enough to learn new things.