Craftsman Professional 10inch Table Saw

Review by Splinters posted 03-01-2008 07:52 AM 13262 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Craftsman Professional 10inch Table Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have always liked Craftsman brand tools..so when it came time to look for a table saw that is where I went. I caught this saw on sale and was able to spread the payments interest free over a year. Sale price was around $950. It lists for around $1100. The only thing I have added to it is a movable base. It is a very solid machine and took four guys to unload it from the trailer. It is a very strong smooth running saw. It came with a Biesemeyer fence system, which is a real gem. Nice heavy very accurate and easy to us. I did upgrade the blade because the blade that came with it didn’t last very long. Safety wise the off switch has a large paddle which i use to shut off machine with my knee so I can keep both hands on the wood.
I would highly recommend this saw to anyone who is looking for something in this price range.

Store specs are as follows:
Fully-enclosed, cabinet-style stand with a 1-3/4 hp, 120/240V internal mount motor. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, base-mounted trunnion system for maximum stability and easy adjustments.

• Saw comes in 2 separate boxes
  • Cast iron table and 12 in. wide extension wings with 12 in. table board, rear ext. table
  • Biesemeyer commercial, T-square, fence system with 18 in. L/30 in. R capacity
  • 40T Leitz variable-pitch blade reduces vibration
  • Upfront, easy-access push-button switch
  • Dust collection chute with 4 in. port

-- Splinters - Living and Loving life in the Rockies - http://www.splinterswoodworks.com/ - http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5220040

View Splinters's profile

Splinters

View Woodchuck1957's profile

Woodchuck1957

#1 posted 03-01-2008 05:04 PM

Good buy Splinters, out of all the Hybrids this is the one I would choose also. The base mounted trunion makes it a clear winner. The saw is made by Orion which makes tools for Steel City.

View gbvinc's profile

gbvinc

#2 posted 03-01-2008 07:45 PM

I have been using this saw for about 4 years now (or something like that) and it has performed nicely! I am more than satisfied with the purchase.

View RickH's profile

RickH

#3 posted 03-01-2008 09:40 PM

Now you just need to add a RH table extension and an Incra TS-LS fence and you are ready to go!

-- Rick - OC, CA

View Tim_456's profile

Tim_456

#4 posted 08-13-2008 03:27 AM

I’ve had this saw for about three years and I love it. The exact same saw is also branded by Delta and Steel City. I think they are all made by Orion in China. Anway, it came in a crazy heavy metal cage that was neat but was pretty easy to set up. I got mine on sale for about $900 with the Craftsman club card which made it even a better deal. I don’t have much to compare this to as it’s the only table saw I’ve ever owned but I’ve never felt like it’s been underpowered or inaccurate. It sitll exceeds my ability;)

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

#5 posted 09-29-2008 03:39 PM

I have had this saw for about a year and am very happy with it. I called technical support a few times and they were very knowledgeable and helpful. The steel cage that it came packed in and some chicken wire made a great support for our cucumbers this summer!

-- “While the world with closed eyes sleeps, The sky knows and weeps - steel rain. ” ― Nathan Bell

View Don "Dances with Wood" Butler's profile

Don "Dances with Wood" Butler

#6 posted 03-22-2011 04:14 PM

I have to say, I have NOT always been in love with Craftsman tools. I used to be, but in recent years, no.
That said, I hasten to add, I bought this saw, with the reasoning that if I bought their top of the line table saw it would be the best they had.
I was, in fact, very satisfied with it
The original blade was smooth, quiet and when I finally took it to the sharpening service they were very impressed with it. I still use it today along with several others I got to go on this very nice saw.
By the way, I like the Beis fence very much. It hasn’t lost alignment in the several years since I first set it up.
My right wing extension contains my router table, which is very good except for the fact that it can tip the saw if I lean on it too hard.

My one real complaint was the blade guard that came with it. It sat crooked in two axes and when I complained to the Mfr., they sent a new one which had the exact same problem. I replaced it with a Penn State overhead blade guard/dust collection unit.

ddwwb

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View Yupa4242's profile

Yupa4242

#7 posted 05-18-2011 06:04 AM

I recentlly got this saw new and in mint condition for 875.00 still in it’s steel packing crate. It was in the back of a fellows garage and the guy forgot he had it. It took me just about all day to put this together all by myself only to discover the drive belt was missing :( . I called the guy back and he said he found a belt in his shop that looked kinda like what I was looking for. DO you remember if your saw has a name or model number written on the belt??? I ordered a replacement from Sears and It may be weeks for them to find me the specific belt :(

Thanks in advance if you can help identify the belt :)

-- "If the Universe is Infinite, Then all dreams are real."

View Don "Dances with Wood" Butler's profile

Don "Dances with Wood" Butler

#8 posted 06-13-2011 02:15 PM

The belt for my version of this saw is a grooved one that can’t be replaced by a flat or vee belt.

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View Yupa4242's profile

Yupa4242

#9 posted 06-16-2011 06:02 AM

The former owner found my belt only after I got the replacement for any of you that ever need one it’s a “JIALI 280 J” :)

-- "If the Universe is Infinite, Then all dreams are real."