|Review by Splinters||posted 03-01-2008 07:52 AM||14150 views||0 times favorited||9 comments|
I have always liked Craftsman brand tools..so when it came time to look for a table saw that is where I went. I caught this saw on sale and was able to spread the payments interest free over a year. Sale price was around $950. It lists for around $1100. The only thing I have added to it is a movable base. It is a very solid machine and took four guys to unload it from the trailer. It is a very strong smooth running saw. It came with a Biesemeyer fence system, which is a real gem. Nice heavy very accurate and easy to us. I did upgrade the blade because the blade that came with it didn’t last very long. Safety wise the off switch has a large paddle which i use to shut off machine with my knee so I can keep both hands on the wood.
I would highly recommend this saw to anyone who is looking for something in this price range.
Store specs are as follows:
Fully-enclosed, cabinet-style stand with a 1-3/4 hp, 120/240V internal mount motor. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, base-mounted trunnion system for maximum stability and easy adjustments.
- Saw comes in 2 separate boxes
- Cast iron table and 12 in. wide extension wings with 12 in. table board, rear ext. table
- Biesemeyer commercial, T-square, fence system with 18 in. L/30 in. R capacity
- 40T Leitz variable-pitch blade reduces vibration
- Upfront, easy-access push-button switch
- Dust collection chute with 4 in. port