A REALLY nice Compound Miter Saw find.

Review by Coffinmaker posted 2286 days ago 3440 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A REALLY nice Compound Miter Saw find. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have always looked at Hitachi Tools when they first came out and starting reading all the reviews I could find on there new line of tools.I was REALLY impressed because after reading( the reviews..) on them I never once read anything bad about there products.I even posted questions on several Woodworkers forums.When the time came to replace my tired old Delta I chose an Hitachi 12 inch Compound Miter Saw,well also for the fact I got a great deal on it too..!!As always when buying a new tool I felt giddy and couldnt wait to make some sawdust.!!After opening the box the first thing I noticed was how well built and study the saw felt.Everything was well packed and the instructions were well written.I made sure nothing was binding and the blade looked good.I couldnt wait to fire it up…I checked the alignment of the laser and made a minor adjustment to correct it.My first cut was with some scrap wood just to make sure everything was set.
Well..it cut perfect and was a happy camper.!! I love this saw BUT as with any tool you buy some people find a few tiny faults as I did.The only 2 things I didnt really like was the 32 tooth blade that came with it.I guess for general cutting it would be no problem but having to go out and buy another blade you need seems like kinda of a hassle after spending close to 250.00 dollars.The other problem ( which seems to haunt every tool I read about..) is dust collection.It seemed like the bag wasnt working even though I checked it several times.I guess now is the time to start thinking about buying or building a dust collection system for my shop,but after thats all said I wouldnt have changed my mind on buying this saw.I am VERY HAPPY about this purchase.

View Coffinmaker's profile

Coffinmaker

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Congrats on your newest friend in the shop. Dust collection is worth every cent you spend on it.

View Obi's profile

Obi

Looks like the big brother to the 10” Hitachi Compound Miter that I owned 19 years ago. Great saw (I only wish the table saw was as good)

View FrankA's profile

FrankA

I purchased the 10” Hitachi about 9 months ago, after adding a 60 tooth aftermarket blade I could not be happier. It cuts are accurate and has plenty of power for even some tough hardwoods. I just hook my shop vac up where the dust bag goes and it helps the dust problem.
I have used some higher priced miter saws and they seem no better.

-- Frank Auge---Nichols NY----"My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, but it is price competitive."

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

that sounds like a great saw
i just hope the 10” sliding miter saw that I’m buying is as good