I think I love you.......

Review by twoblacklabs posted 1024 days ago 4005 views 1 time favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I think I love you....... No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Wow! What a difference. I purchased this router with a gift card last Christmas but had never even opened the box until today. My POS Black n Decker died midway through flush trimming my Work Shop doors. Quick setup on this beauty and started trimming.

Made me a little teary eyed when I started cutting with it. Oh so quiet, maybe 1/2 the decibels of the old POS. Electronic soft start (mmmmmmmm). Comfortable grips and low vibration. Cuts twice as smooth with the EXACT SAME BIT.

You cannot go wrong with this router. Well worth the money. Just sorry I haven’t used it until today!
Photobucket

-- If You Haven't Got the Time to Do It Right, When Will You Find the Time to Do It Over?

View twoblacklabs's profile

twoblacklabs

Be careful, the M12VC and KM12VC (combo kit with plunge and fixed base) are habit forming. I have 2 of them and would love to own another!

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View ShaneA's profile

ShaneA

Soft start features are great. Routers and miter saws without them are almost like black and white tv, compared to High Definition. Once you had them, you cant go back.

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

Yes, I have the combo kit… KM12VC …

As I said, I LOVE IT… That slow start woooes me everytime I hear it start up! It’s wonderful! No Jerky Take-Off!

I have the Fixed base in the Table… and the Plunge Base set aside when I need it from the table (super simple to swich).

Got it On Sale at Rockler for about $143… 2-3 years ago… Best router I have.

View WoodworkGuy's profile

WoodworkGuy

I have M12VC mounted in my router table. It was a new unit with a marked down price at Amazon. Love the soft start and the power. It is easy to set up and use. I prefer a fixed mount to a plunge base in a table.

-- Making sawdust and memories through woodworking.

View live4ever's profile

live4ever

This was my first router and I love it. So smooth and quiet. Only downside is that it’s not able to be paired with many of the popular router lifts on the market.

-- Optimists are usually disappointed. Pessimists are either right or pleasantly surprised. I tend to be a disappointed pessimist.

View Neodogg's profile

Neodogg

94 posts in 2029 days

I’ve got the combo kit and have no complaints! Great for the money! I also got it on clearance at Lowes a couple years ago. I’m looking at it’s bigger brother :)

-- If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem!

View thiel's profile

thiel

Um… Router excellence aside, I can’t imagine getting a tool and not opening it within minutes!

-- Laziness minus Apathy equals Efficiency

View docholladay's profile

docholladay

I have one of those routers and really like it as well. My only complaint is that it will not fit in my router lift on my router table. As a result, I just leave my PC in the router table.

Doc

-- Hey, woodworking ain't brain surgery. Just do something and keep trying till you get it. Doc

View Moron's profile

Moron

nothing like “upping it a notch’ to open new doors and thought

-- "Good artists borrow, great artists steal”…..Picasso

View Don Johnson's profile

Don Johnson

The only trouble with the soft start on my router is that is it so slow and gentle, that when I use it after a period of time, I initially think it hasn’t actually switched on!

-- Don, Somerset UK, http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk

View SSMDad's profile

SSMDad

Congrats on the rapid addiction. That’s how I felt when I went to my Bosch 1617 after using a POS B&D also. haha

-- Chris ~~Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

View Brandon 's profile

Brandon

Once my craftsman was mounted under my table.This was and is my goto guy. I feel the same way you do I just love me some slow start up..

-- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin

View jerryo's profile

jerryo

Have the same router and love it. Quietest router I have ever used. I cut alot of raised panel doors with it in maple cherry and walnut. Still going strong. Jerry

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

can any body tell me if there is a 1/2” collet available for this router?

the contents listed on Amazon say it only comes with a 1/4”

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View twoblacklabs's profile

twoblacklabs

It comes with 1/2” and 1/4” collets.