Laguna Tools LT 16 3000 Series Bandsaw

Review by Toolz posted 10-06-2011 05:39 PM 3950 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
	Laguna Tools LT 16 3000 Series Bandsaw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I would really give this saw 4.8 Stars but that is not an option. The only reason for not giving it five stars is that I have trouble holding the table tilt knob while tightening the bolt that locks the trunnion with that other hand. I am 66 and have arthritis so you younger jocks might not have this same problem. I would prefer a larger wheel with an offset handle like those found on table saws for this function. Other that that I love this saw. I bought it used from a seller who told me it was less than a year old and had about 3 hours total use. When I tested the saw at his house it sliced 10” walnut like butter. After he delivered it to me I put the saw through its paces. The saw is heavy and very beefy. The 3 hp motor is great, and since the wheels are heavy cast iron the included footbrake is a real plus. Using the Driftmaster fence It slices 1/16” slices with east once I managed to get the table square to the included 1” re-saw blade. I don’t do veneer work myself but I sliced 1/8” slices of 10” wide 8/4 walnut and cherry with ease. I cut those slices into strings for string boxes. Many posts have been written here concerning Laguna’s customer service. I would like to mention that when I was looking for the manuals for this saw I used the Laguna website chat function to seek assistance and Jerry Goodman, Laguna Sales Manager promptly sent me a set of manuals for the saw and the Driftmaster fence in .pdf format by email and told me not to hesitate to contact them if I have any problems. I thought that was very professional considering I bought the saw from a private seller.

-- Larry "Work like a Captain but Play like a Pirate!"

View Toolz's profile

Toolz

View Howie's profile

Howie

#1 posted 10-07-2011 12:23 AM

Congrats on your new purchase. Glad you like it.
Sounds like the CS is improving at Laguna. Glad to hear it.

-- Life is good.

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

#2 posted 10-07-2011 02:45 PM

Congratulations on the new saw.
I’m still searching (deciding) which band saw I want to buy.
Nice of Laguna to send the manuals.

-- Mike

View rustfever's profile

rustfever

625 posts in 1968 days

#3 posted 10-08-2011 01:34 AM

Several years ago, I purchased the same 16” BS from Laguna. I had a minor problem setting up the saw and called CS for help. Guess who answered my call? Torben, himself. I thanked him for the tidbit of information I had missed in the setup instructions.
A couple of days later, Torben called back to confirm the saw was up, running properly and that I was happy.
I’ve heard a number of negatative comments regarding the CS at Laguna. I’ve only had the best of service from them.
I’m glad you got the 16” Laguna, and hope you are just as happy as I. It is one Heck-Of-A-Saw. It does all of the heavy sawing in my shop.

[Yes, I have a 14” Delta that is used with a fine blade for tight work and a 36” Yate-American that I use to saw logs. But the Laguna does everything else.]

-- Rustfever, Central California

View RaymondAbel's profile

RaymondAbel

#4 posted 10-27-2011 03:47 AM

allo

I have a band saw like you have & I must say that I do not have the same problem then you :
“trouble holding the table tilt knob while tightening the bolt that locks the trunnion with that other hand”

I am very glad to have bought it

-- "Ceci est un hobby, c'est pas supposé "faire de sens".

View Idonno's profile

Idonno

#5 posted 04-13-2012 07:01 AM

I’ve had the same experience with Laguna’s customer service that you’ve had Larry. I bought my 16 HD from them about 10yrs ago and I’ve found the product and customer service to be 2nd to none. Great tools, Great company!