Grizzly H3051 Riser Block Kit (for G0555) but also fits Ridgid BS1400

Review by David Grimes posted 1041 days ago 6770 views 3 times favorited 18 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly H3051 Riser Block Kit (for G0555) but also fits Ridgid BS1400 Grizzly H3051 Riser Block Kit (for G0555) but also fits Ridgid BS1400 Grizzly H3051 Riser Block Kit (for G0555) but also fits Ridgid BS1400 Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently purchased and assembled a Ridgid 14” floor model bandsaw (the BS1400). I had also ordered and received the 6” riser kit from Grizzly that is made for their G0555 14” bandsaw, but also fits several of the other 14” bandsaws: Ridgid, Craftsman, Cummins, Summit, and others.

It ran about $80 shipped, which is half what the Ridgid kit costs (if you can get one).

This kit is rated 5 stars by 19 of 22 reviewers on Amazon, with the other three 4’s and 3’s.

First of all, I did not have to modify a single thing to get this installed. Everything aligned just fine with no clearance issues. I chose to paint over the Grizzly green with some orange enamel just because I’m like that sometimes, well… MOST of the time… I mean… ALL of the time. ;=)

Further, I did this by myself (meaning no help as recommended to hold the top half while the riser clamp bolt is installed). I found the top not too heavy (for me) to hold in place with one hand as I used the other to place the long bolt and washer down through the riser, then use that same hand to start threading the lower nut and and washer to the bottom of the long bolt. I had all my needed parts at hand, so it was not a problem for even a second.

Upon completion, I measured my capacity and found it to be 12 1/4”. Excellent.

The only negative was expected (the cheap blade grizzly includes in the kit). I did not count off a star at all because I was forewarned, I am used to cheap blades being included in nearly every bladed machine purchase I have ever made, and I intend to buy a very high quality re-saw blade anyway. FWIW, I tested this freebie blade and it actually cuts just fine for the time being, but i’m sure it won’t stay on long enough to find out how long it would last.

I do recommend the riser kit.

Thanks for stopping in.

View daves1's profile

daves1

David, thanks for the review. I have the Grizzly G0555 and have been considering buying the riser kit. I think I’ll do it today.

View will delaney's profile

will delaney

Great money saving review for Ridged users. I don’t know if I will try the installation by my self sound like it could be a little scary as I’m not that good at juggling. Thanks

View Arminius's profile

Arminius

My experience was about the same, it took me longer to get the riser block painted (enamel black in my case) than it did to install. I also did the installation alone. That said, I would recommend an assistant, it would make the process fairly casual. I could hold the top half of the saw stable with one arm, but I am also above average size. With a helper, you’d be done the whole process before a friend could finish a beer.

The blade is somewhat useful, but I intended from the start to to install a better quality one for 90%+ of my usage, I had not actually noticed it shipped with one.

View northwoodsman's profile

northwoodsman

I purchased the same kit for my BS14000. I purchased the white one for the Polar Bear series Grizzly because it was $10.00 cheaper for the exact same parts. Only the color was different. It took about 20 seconds to spray pant and under 5 mnutes to install. No brainer!

-- NorthWoodsMan

View ChunkyC's profile

ChunkyC

I’m jealous! I just spent $140 for the riser kit for my Delta and it doesn’t come with a blade. Or at least I don’t think it did. I’m waiting on a friend to stop by sometime today and help with the installation of mine.

I like the orange enamel paint. Nice work!

c

-- Chunk's Workshop pictures: http://spadfest.rcspads.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

View Matthew Allard's profile

Matthew Allard

28 posts in 1959 days

Thank you so much for this review. I have been thinking of buying a riser for my Ridgid bandsaw. I think I’ll go for the Grizzly. I know the stock blade size is 93.5 inches what is the blade length with the riser added?

View Arminius's profile

Arminius

Matthew,

I installed the Highland Hardware 1/2 inch Wood Slicer 105” and it fit perfectly. Strong recommendation for the blade too, which I chose on the strength of several reviews. I am fairly sure the Grizzly blade that ships with it is also a 105”.

View Richard Dunlap's profile

Richard Dunlap

I wonder if it would fit my mid 50’s Delta?

2072 posts in 1237 days

Yes, 105” is correct if you add the 6” riser. The blade I have ordered is an Olson All Pro 5/8” 3 TPI hook . The link belts I have ordered are the Accu-links that are found at good old Harbor Freight at the best price. I’m getting two so I can get the jointer planer swapped at the same time.

@Richard Dunlap, Not sure but I bet grizzly customer service or technical would know.

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

I used a chain hoist to suspend my bandsaw for easy installation. Its difficult to hold that top with one hand since its wants to fall over. I too used the polar bear series extender.

Just FWIW, I did the riser block on my HF bandsaw solo. I didn’t need a chain hoist or anything like that. But then again, it would have made things much easier with a second guy there. I would not recommend my method and wouldn’t do it the same way a second time…

Just wondering, you guys with the Ridgid gray frame / orange trim saws… Do any of you try to match the frame color? I see a LOT of green risers (left it the Grizz color) and a few Orange like the OP… But never one where it seemed the riser was painted to look like Ridgid shipped it for this saw…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

2072 posts in 1237 days

After loading, unloading and assembling the table saw, the jointer planer, and then the drill press by myself, the weight of the head of the bandsaw was girly man territory in comparison. The head of the jointer planer was a bad boy. Moving the entire jointer planer from one room to the other was about all I could do. I would not recommend any of this to someone that is any combination of short, weak, injured, prone to injury, or have any Murphy in your family tree. ;=)

On the color, the orange I already had. If you mean paint it grey/silver like the rest of the riser ? yeah, that would be good, too. Just anything but green. ;=)

Sweet review, I’ll be ordering this week. I have the Grizzly 14 inch extreme as well The only reason I haven’t ordered it was I bought 3 timber wolfe blades and was waiting for them to wear out. Man they lasted longer then i thought they would. Good idea on buying the polar riser to save 10 bucks.

Cudo’s to all. Different ways to get to the same result and everyone kept all their fingers.

-- Norman

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

Looks like you are a mill now ;-))