KOMELON Tape for the WorkShop

Review by Pie posted 09-13-2011 03:00 AM 1633 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 5.0
1 review total
Add my Review

KOMELON Tape for the WorkShop KOMELON Tape for the WorkShop No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

On my usual Thursday night grocery shopping at WalMart, I was looking through the tool aisle (never know what I may find) I (Ok my girlfriend did( saw this hanging by the tape measures> Hmmm for around $4 bucks I thought I would give it a try because my workbench needed a built in measuring tape. It took me 2 tries to get it on correctly. I was certain it would not stick after re taping 2x but it did. I had to cut it with a dremel since it is a metal backed tape. Definitely, worth it, just not sure what to do with the remaining piece.

-- Pie

View Pie's profile

Pie

187 posts in 2059 days

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

#1 posted 09-13-2011 04:14 AM

Good find! I had to wait 2 months for mine [ordered from Grizzly]. Never thought to look at Wally World.

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

View devann's profile

devann

#2 posted 09-13-2011 05:16 AM

Looking at the photo I see it is read left to right. Do they make one that is read right to left? I’d like one of each for both sides of the blade.

-- Darrell, making more sawdust than I know what to do with

View redryder's profile

redryder

#3 posted 09-13-2011 07:37 AM

I had one of these on my work bench and liked the principle of it. I found out that if you use your bench as much as I do, the numbers wear off fairly fast on the tape and it becomes unusable. I put a 45 degree chamfer on the front edge of the workbench so the tape is now not exposed to the wear and tear the bench gets. Good review….....

-- mike...............

#4 posted 09-13-2011 08:47 AM

Pie, thanks for the review. I just order a couple of tapes from Woodcraft. I am sure that the one you bought was much cheaper and will work just as well. Like Andy commented, Wal-Mart does not normally come to mind when I think about buying things for the shop.