Best Bang for the buck.

Review by Dedvw posted 1047 days ago 4429 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best Bang for the buck. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received this router table with stand for $140 bucks delivered to my door. I was hesistant because there are not a lot of reviews on this table and the low price, but I needed a simple table to get some craft fair projects completed.

I ended up being competely impressed when I opened the box. It came to my door in fantastic condition about 3 days after I placed my order. Assembly was very easy and straightforward. I took about an hour and only had 3 different bolts for assembly. 95 percent of the bolts were used to assmble the legs and they were all the same size/length. The table is large with aluminum tracks in ALL the slots. This means the miter slot, the fence slots, and the slots inbedded in the fence. The fence itself attaches to the table using a thick aluminum fence support and sits very high with overlaping ends. The router plate sits just below the Laminate with equal cleareance on all corners. This table weighs in at about 70lbs. and feels very sturdy on my floor. I imagine this will not move much under light/medium use. As an added bonus, the bit guard and dust collection unit came with this table and it has a self stick ruler that you can add to the top of the fence.

The one problem I have with the table is the plate. It is a brittle acrylic plate as it chipped when I removed the inserts. I haven’t attached my router to it yet but suspect is will work as long as I’m not running boards all day long. This will be the one piece I upgrade when I get a chance.

If I were to compare this table to any other, the Rockler table would be the one. Rocklers table comes with an aluminum plate but misses many of the nice aluminum tracks that the Grizzly has (fence slots and imbedded fence slots). The Rockler table is also twice the price.

Overall, if you need a router table for occasional light/med. use, this will more than meet your needs. If you want to use a large router with big bits, you should look at spending more money.

View Chipy's profile

Chipy

I think Grizzly gets this router table from Mlcs.I bought mine from Mlcs with the aluminum plate it was a little more but it was worth it i paid $189.I think you sill will make out better than I even you spend a little more on the aluminum insert plate.http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/

Dedvw

The only $189 dollar table I see on that link is table, fence, and aluminum plate (no stand). The stand is an additional $46 bucks, brining the total up to $235. Maybe a bood deal if you don’t want the stand, but I wanted one. They are selling pretty much my identical table (with the plastic plate) without legs for $170!!!

Maybe I will look into ordering just the aluminum plate from them : ) I see they have them for $66 bucks.

View Chipy's profile

Chipy

Yes you still will make out better than I.I got my stand from from sears it was $40 with tax.

Ah got ya :)