Unhappy with customer service

Review by JasonWagner posted 1068 days ago 2080 views 0 times favorited 20 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Unhappy with customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Update I got my part in the mail today. It was post marked August 24th. So it was sent a week after I told them the first one never showed up. It was also shipped from NY state to my house in PA. Still not thrilled but I got my part and I upgraded the rating to 3-stars.

I know people want product reviews, but I feel that this customer service issue is valid. The clamp seems to work OK although the rotating handle is too short and manually pulling the strap out isn’t as easy as it should be.

I got this clamp on Saturday July 23rd. After opening the package I noticed that one of the corner clamps was missing it’s adjustable feet. There are two triangular “feet” that are missing from the corner brace. The other three were fine. I called Bessey customer service on Monday (25th) morning when they opened. I asked the woman I talked to if I should send the clamp back to Amazon or if she could ship an extra corner piece to me. She said she had one on her desk and she’d ship it out to me. I wrote an email to customer service on Monday August 8th stating that I haven’t received the piece. The same day I got a reply that it was put in the mail and I should receive it by the end of the week. On Thursday August 18th I wrote back to confirm that the piece was sent to my address. The next day I was told it was sent via regular mail so there was no way to track it but they’d send another one to my listed address. It is now August 25th, one month after calling Bessey customer service and I have not received the piece. I will ultimately be forced to buy the 6-pack of corner braces just to get the one I want.

I’m glad I bought Jet parallel clamps and Jorgensen bar and pipe clamps.

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

I can´t see the problem with Bessey here …. if they did as they claim
then its the mailservice that sucks …..........with the price´s besseyclamps have
and reputation I don´t think they wuold be so stupid saying one thing and not backing it up
but worse have been seen before …. hope you get both parcels

ceep us updated

Dennis

JasonWagner

I understand Bessey’s reputation but I’m having a hard time believing that two parcels have been lost. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t get a shipment from any carrier. How about sending the part with a tracking number or delivery confirmation after the first shipment was “lost”? Maybe it’s stuck in Customs. I’m not telling anyone to boycott them, but I’m annoyed because I have a clamp I can’t use. I could have sent it back to Amazon.

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

I don’t know where your feet are but it seems to me like Bessey would send you a sack of feet rather than risk an unhappy customer. If they are really pulling your chain, that surprises me. I’ve got a bit of Bessey but I generally go with JET. I go with JET because I’ve had experiences with them 180 degrees to those you describe. I hope Bessey ends up making it right with you.

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

I can fully understand your frustration …. and I agree with you about the tracking
or to be signed for when delivered even though its maybee expenciver it wuold make
everybody happy
I don´t know about the custom I gess you lieve in US and I thought bessey was made in US…
if not I don´t wonder over how long it can take with parcels … one from Patron to me did
take over two month :-(

Dennis

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

Jason I have that same clamp and never use the “feet”. Turn the crank backwards to release more strap length. Hope you get treated better soon.

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

JasonWagner

Dennis – from my understanding they’re located in Canada. I’m assuming that one of them will have to show up at some point.

I have had other products with broken or damaged parts and have had great success from Weber grills, Coleman, Hampton Bay furniture, LazyBoy, and various other retailers. I guess I was expecting and expedited shipment of the cheap replacement part.

horse doc – Thanks for your input. I get the release mechanism but for me the webbing does not come out of the roll/mechanism when I crank backwards. It’s not really hard, but I just yank on the strap to pull it out but it’s not very elegant. I have been using the clamp without the one corner but I bought it to make picture frames with varying edges and when you have a thin and pointy edge I think you’re going to wear through the webbing pretty quickly over time. I have ratcheting tie down straps if I ever want to improvise a strap clamp.

I’ll reiterate that I’m not trying to b!tch but I am annoyed.

View dustprocrastinator's profile

dustprocrastinator

I bought the same clamp from Lowes, a home box store, and was very displeased with the quality. As mentioned in your review the handle is too small and one cannot seem to get enough force on it to provide enough clamping pressure. Furthermore the feel of the clamp feels cheaply made for the price Bessey is asking for. I personally would advise you to return the clamp to Amazon and for you to write a letter to Bessey, to promise something and not come through twice is just inexcusable.

View Cosmicsniper's profile

Cosmicsniper

I have two of these clamps.

The purpose of the crank is not to provide pressure. It is to get strap close to snug. The tightening is accomplished by rotating the red handle. Just make sure it’s backed off before you snug up the crank. Having it tightened will also affect your ability to pull out more strap.

I’m quite satisfied with them. They put quite a bit of equal pressure on mitered frames.

-- jay, www.allaboutastro.com

View jayman7's profile

jayman7

I have this strap clamp and I think it’s fantastic. Puts a great amount of clamping pressure on all the picture frames I’ve made and they come out air tight.

View RobWoodCutter's profile

RobWoodCutter

I had really good response from them and it wasn’t even thier problem. See my review of Bessey early this year.
Send an email to:

Andrew Fera
VP Marketing, B.B.A.
BESSEY Tools North America
Tel: 1 519 621 7240 Ext 228
Fax: 1 519 621 3442
E-Mail: dfera@besseytools.com

Andrew was great at helping out. Rob

-- Rob-Yorktown "Shop's still not done, Tools are bought, Wood is bought, need to find time to start a project.."

View cosmicturner's profile

cosmicturner

403 posts in 1997 days

My bet is the post office has something to do with it…...giv the Gov a job to do and they will screw it up….hung up crossing the border?
Thanks for posting I will keep my eye on Bessey…..Bessey you should be reading your customers are

-- Cosmicturner

View jcees's profile

jcees

That’s too bad for Bessey as I have used two of those clamps on a great many projects large and not so. I bought two extra six packs of the corners as I am a klutz and lose little stuff like that on occasion. Again, sorry your experience was a negative one. I use many different Bessey clamps and have no reservation in using and recommending their products.

always,
J.C.

P.S. The most amusing thing I discovered about these clamps is the WARNING on the card they come mounted on. Especially the statement that the clamp… ”should never be used on any living thing.” Gotta love it.

-- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. -- John Muir

JasonWagner

Thanks Rob – I’ll give it another week and then shoot Andrew an email.

View Cosmicsniper's profile

Cosmicsniper

LOL. Thanks for the tip, J.C. Now I know how to keep my annoying puppy dog from barking!

-- jay, www.allaboutastro.com

JasonWagner

Read the update above…I got my part but it was still pretty late and only shipped from one state away.