Highest quality pizza cutter I've ever seen

Review by Eric_S posted 1064 days ago 2666 views 3 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Highest quality pizza cutter I've ever seen No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I decided to pick one up from Rockler after Lew’s great review. These things are no joke, a little pricey at ~$20 though. I’ve owned many pizza cutters and most are lightweight, blades wobble, or the blades are just crap. Not to mention that the blade is always off center.

This one has none of those issues. Its the heaviest pizza cutter and kitchen utensil I own, solid stainless steel I believe. The blade is in the center with thick rubber or plastic washers on both sides keeping it perfectly aligned with ZERO wobble.
It comes with a threaded insert, and requires a 15/32 drill bit to insert. I decided to drill it on the lathe and insert it before turning since it can crack otherwise. I then used my live center kit and used the one with the cylindar center that sat in the threaded insert without damaging it. Turning it was a pleasure, you can check out my blog and project on it that I’ll post shortly after this one.

I can’t wait to make some dough and homemade pizza this weekend…mmmmmmmmm. And the handle screws off and the cutter is dishwasher safe.

Thanks for the recommendation Lew!

5 stars!

-- - Eric Indianapolis, IN

View Eric_S's profile

Eric_S

View lew's profile

lew

Thank You Eric for the great Review!!

Lew

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Roger's profile

very nice review. I look forward to seeing the finished cutter. looks like Santa may be delivering a few o these this year.. :)

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View jayman7's profile

jayman7

I have to check this out! My current pizza cutter is crap and rusts around the center bolt. I assume you can just get more of those threaded nuts at the home centers if I want several handles?

View Eric_S's profile

Eric_S

Jayman, mine always rusted out in the center bolt as well. This one I don’t think will :)

I’m sure you could, however I dont know the threading on it. I have the rockler bottle stopper/corkscrew combo kit as well, that doesn’t come with a threaded insert, it requires you to use a tap to thread the wood. I’ll see if the pizza handle threads on it when I get a chance tomorrow, if it does, then its 3/8×16tpi threading, if not, then I’m not sure what it is lol.

-- - Eric Indianapolis, IN

Cool I will be picking one up this week I need a new one. Thx for the post.