500workshop tips & jigs

Review by mafe posted 08-20-2011 05:55 PM 1847 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
500workshop tips & jigs No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

500workshop tips & jigs
By: Stuart Lawson

ISBN-10: 1861084234
ISBN-13: 978-1861084231

When someone promises you 500 things in one book you should use your mind and say; Naaaaaaaa…
I didn’t and regret that.
This book have some good tips, a few jigs that are useful and so on, but it never explains well and the illustrations are not well enough made to show the full story.

So sorry, I’m sad to say this book is not worth the money, but even more than I was not clever enough to figure that out.

Best thoughts,
MaFe

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

#1 posted 08-20-2011 09:29 PM

thank´s for the rewiew Mads

knowing how much you try to see the best in everything and everyone :-)
this most have been bad ….... so thank´s for warning us not to use money on it

take care
Dennis

View lanwater's profile (online now)

lanwater

#2 posted 08-21-2011 07:24 AM

To give me 500 tips and jigs, the should be at least 500 pages long with plenty of illustrations…
I usually do not buy those kind of books. I get them for free from all these magazine subscriptions.

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

#3 posted 08-21-2011 11:11 AM

Ian, I think that is a about it, ofcourse we can get few ideas but…
Dennis, you will learn more by surfing LJ. Thank you.
Best thoughts,
Mads

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1336 days

#4 posted 08-21-2011 11:41 AM

Consider it scratched off the list. Thanks for the review, Mads.

View cranesgonewild's profile

cranesgonewild

#5 posted 08-21-2011 03:28 PM

Thanks for the review, and I agree with your comment to Dennis.
I have learned a lot by surfing LJ. Whether it’s through blogs or projects, there is a lot of useful knowledge on here – AND IT’S FREE!

-- I'm a Fungi --

#6 posted 08-21-2011 07:10 PM

David, since the list like mine probaly are long and the budget at least shorter than the list, I think that was good. LOL.

Cranes, yes we are a lucky bunch! If I had not had LJ I would have known 1/100 of what I do now even if I had read all the books. This place where we share our views, exchange opinions and advice is priceless.

Mads

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#7 posted 08-22-2011 01:51 PM

Mads, thanks for the tip – no point in wasting money so now we know.

View crank49's profile

crank49

#8 posted 08-22-2011 02:47 PM

Probably the same people who sell 14,000 projects on a single DVD. Mostly just stuff copied from magazines and stuff that was free on the web anyway.

Thanks for the warning.

-- Michael :-{| “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” ― A H

#9 posted 08-22-2011 06:32 PM

I did buy a CD like that a long time ago, and this was pure crap also…
Now we are down from 14.000 to 500 and can probably go to 100 max before it starts to be true!
Laugh.