Accurate to within 1/128"

Review by Bill Butler posted 2371 days ago 1333 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Accurate to within 1/128" Accurate to within 1/128" No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I took a chance on a $29 digital caliper from Rockler. Having used other high quality caliper and micrometers before, I didn’t think it possible to buy a quality unit for that price.

I was wrong, and this unit rocks.

It has readouts in decimal inches, decimal mm, and fractional inches.
It provides surfaces for inside, outside and depth measurement.

I have used it frequently over the last several weeks and I always keep it near by when doing setups.

View Bill Butler's profile

Bill Butler

View trifern's profile

trifern

Thanks for the review. I have a new lathe coming Monday, so I am going shopping for accessories tomorrow at Woodcraft. A caliper is on my list.

-- My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one.

Wow 128 of an inch, thats impressive.

View Stacey's profile

Stacey

Really glad to hear that as I just ordered that very caliper a couple of days ago from Rockler. Thanks for the review.

-- S. Box --- "But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." - John Adams

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

I picked up a digital caliper at Woodcraft. It measures fine, but it eats batteries. I am careful to turn it off, and it has an auto shut-off, but I still have to replace the battery often. Maybe there is one of these in my future. I think I’d like the fractional over the decimal, too.

View Sawdustmaker's profile

Sawdustmaker

Thanks for the review. I found out just how much I needed one of these last week-end when the cut I was making with my stacked dado blade required use of the shims. I had never pulled the shims out of the plastic bag they came in. After opening them and much to my surprise, none of the 9 shims were marked in any way. Lucky for me my neighbor (also a wood worker) had one. I went online and reserved one at Rockler. (Maybe your review increased their sales)

-- Brian, Virginia Beach

View Bill's profile

Bill

Nice review Bill. I like the thought of the fractions on the caliper. Much less conversions to make that way.

Ahh..the purchasing power of the Lumberjocks..a nice thought Brian.

-- Bill, Turlock California, http://www.brookswoodworks.com