ClearVue Cyclones - Mini CV06

Review by pwrtoolz posted 08-16-2011 11:16 PM 7255 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
ClearVue Cyclones - Mini CV06 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok…so, I had been shopping around for a dust collection system for my shop vac. I kept having to clean my filter and I was really getting sick of it. I have an older Rigid shop vac and I started a bathroom remodel.

I’ve read about several dust collection systems….both good and bad. I heard really great things about Oneida Dust Deputy, but also that you get what you pay for with cheap plastic. I looked at Grizzly but didn’t see anything to attach to my shop vac (but maybe I missed something). I saw some “do it yourself” models that I could build myself, but I have enough on my list already. A friend recommended Clear Vue and raved about them. They just came out with the Mini CV06 and it was on sale. From what I read, they make a great product (maybe a bit pricey), its made in the USA and their customer service was supposed to be great. Since it was on sale, I bit the bullet and bought the thing. I changed the filter in the shop vac, hooked up the Mini and WOAH….does this thing work!! There was absolutely NOTHING in my shop vac! I mainly vacuumed up dust from sheet rock, tile dust and misc. trash, which is the result of my bathroom remodel. I can’t say anything about other products…..but this one was worth every cent I paid!

Later, I may buy a few others and connect them to a barrel for my shop…..but that will be after the project list gets more managable.

I hope I never have to change my shop vac filter again! I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for portable, powerful shop vac dust collection! Here is the link if you are interested in learning more: www.clearvuecyclones.com (just look for Mini CV06)

View pwrtoolz's profile

pwrtoolz

View woodklutz's profile

woodklutz

#1 posted 08-17-2011 12:52 AM

Good to read about this item and all the other rave reviews. The service is enough to sell me. Lately I have been very fortunate to have been able to replace a faulty part from companies that know that service is part of being in business. I cite Robert Bosch Company for replacement part for Skill Drill press, Amazon of course for attention to detail, and CPO likewise.
All is not lost in our rapidly dwindling consumer society, good management equals, good personnel equals, satisfied and repeat customers.
The others that do not pay attention to their customer will bite the dust.
Bye the way, I shall purchase the Mini CV606 because of yours and others review.

-- honing my craft one mistake at a time.

View dpop24's profile

dpop24

#2 posted 08-17-2011 03:20 AM

Man, there is nothing worse than constantly changing and cleaning those shop vac filters! Half the time I just sweep so I don’t have to deal with the filters. I’d been looking at the Dust Deputy, but will add this to my research. Thanks for the review.

-- If it ain't broke, take it apart and find out why

View TheOldTimer's profile

TheOldTimer

#3 posted 08-17-2011 07:38 AM

Glad to see that Clearvue changed there dust deputy design so they are not in conflict with another supplier or design. They are fine people to deal with. Hopefully this will avoid any lawsuites.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

5387 posts in 1985 days

#4 posted 08-17-2011 05:28 PM

Now that Clearvue has this one out, I wonder how long before Oneida changes their design and tries to sue CV again…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Paul Stoops's profile

Paul Stoops

#5 posted 08-17-2011 08:00 PM

The Clearvue people are fine folks. Glad to hear they have a new winner. I had one of the large Clearvue cyclones in my previous shop and found it to be a wonderful product.

-- Paul, Auburn, WA

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

#6 posted 08-18-2011 03:26 AM

Thanks for posting the review.

I had to go to the website to check it out. I was lucky enough to get the mini before Onida socked them with the lawsuit. I love my mini and if this new one works as well or better than the old one it’s a good investment.

I have mine dumping into a 25 gal steel can, perhaps this one can be modified for a larger can as well. They are great people to deal with and if Bill Pentz is working with them you know the design is right.

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle

View pitchnsplinters's profile

pitchnsplinters

#7 posted 08-18-2011 06:12 AM

I hope this one works as well as the old model. Looks like a slick set-up.

-- Just 'cause a cat has kittens in the oven, it don't make 'em biscuits.

View SteveMI's profile

SteveMI

870 posts in 2047 days

#8 posted 08-18-2011 03:17 PM

I’ve always heard good things about Clearvue and expect this product to be good.

I am getting annoyed at “reviews” or product comments by people who post them in the first 15 minutes of joining LJ and then don’t participate again. It ends up being the only post ever under the profile. Not sure the companies are behind them, but it sure does seem suspicious.

Steve.

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

#9 posted 08-19-2011 12:47 AM

Steve

just checked back here.. you do make a good point.

View Scott Shea's profile

Scott Shea

#10 posted 03-07-2013 01:53 PM

I have been looking into enhancing the dust collection abilities of my shop vac, and I found this review here. I cannot afford the 5HP motor designs, that is way out of the scope of my price range. I understand the argument that I could be paying many more times that amount in healthcare cost if the dust messes up my lungs, but for right now i just want to stop clogging up my shop vac filter.
Has anyone else had a good experience with the CV06 Mini? I have a hard time pulling the trigger after only one review on the internet about it. It might “only” be $99, but I could put that to better use elsewhere if there is potentially a better product out there.
I have seen the Ronald Walters wood one on here as well. I think his is just fine, but to be frank, I’d rather just purchase this or the Oneida and attach it and just go from there.

-- I make sawdust. I think thats a fair assessment of my finished products!

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#11 posted 03-25-2013 08:45 PM

I pulled the trigger on this model last week, but that had nothing to do with this review. I will test it and provide a review in a few weeks. I had been interested in something similar for some time, and thought I would try this rather than the product from Oneida. Based on the design being having many of the same features as the full-sized Bill Pentz design, I thought this would prove more efficient.

Steve, I agree with you also. Seems strange that “pwrtoolz” has made ONLY one post ever, and this is it.

-- Scott in Texas