Fair priced little branding iron.

Review by mafe posted 1071 days ago 4720 views 6 times favorited 18 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 5.0
1 review total
Add my Review

Fair priced little branding iron. Fair priced little branding iron. Fair priced little branding iron. Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a UK seller but the price so fair that it might be worth buying even the shipment.
And it comes in 220v and with an English power plug (I changed mine to a Danish plug).

The burner plate with my Japanese inspired MaFe logo.
You will need to make your own artwork and send it to the seller in the right file formats, no premade templates here so if you don’t know how to do this or have some one that can help you this is not the right product.

Finally I got my branding iron!
Do I need one? No.
But I love it!
It gives a personal touch to what you make, and can be used to brand your tools so long fingers will stay off them…

This branding iron looks and feels like a little soldering iron, it warms up fast and is more than hot enough.

I wanted my mark small and simple so I used only 1×1cm of the space but it offers an 18mm in diameter to fill out if desired. It comes also in 38 and 48 diameter versions with more power.

The hard part is to know when to stop, but that goes for many parts of life so as always try a place where it do not matter if it mess up, and be aware that different wood types react really different to the heat so test before you try on new wood types.

The price is 66 British pounds app 100 dollar, this I think is a fair price for a custom-made branding iron.

So final judgment is:
Full stars, a good buy compared price and quality, and an excellent service from the Tool Post.

So where do I get it:

Here a direct link to the page of specifications and prices:

Hope those who asked where I bought this iron are happy now I’m glad I could help.

MaFe

View PaBull's profile

PaBull

That is so cool, Mads! It realy adds to the project. They did a very nice job!

Pb.

-- rhykenologist and plant grower

mafe

Ohhh yes and they sell Iles plane irons there!
Bought some and they are sweeeet.

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

Nice looking iron. I’ve seen the Iles plane blades before. I’ve wondered how they would perform. As you experience all the time, too bad the shipping cost would be high. Especally when there are other options over here.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

Very fair price and a perfectly appropriate size. It brands very crisply!

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

congrat´s Mads :-)
and thank´s for the rewiew

take care
Dennis

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

Now that beat a business card.

Nice touch Mafe.

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

Nice looking iron, Mad. I need to get one of those for my logo.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

You are now an official cowboy with your own branding iron! Nice design, too!!
I don’t know what the exchange rate is, but one over here in the US cost about $80 the last time I bought mine…...........Jim

I like yours because you can put it on smaller parts. The one I have it long and rectangular and does not fit everywhere

View bigike's profile

bigike

great price thanks for the heads up.

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View Brandon 's profile

Brandon

Great looking iron! It looks like a well made product and the detail of the iron looks good. I also like that they have the currency converter on the site. Thanks for the links.

-- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin

View Roger's profile

that is just way kool, Mafe.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

Hi Guys,
Yes I’m a real cowboy now!
Thank you for the comments.
The Iles blades perform really nice, I will make a test and compare at some point to get my own opinion on the thicker irons talks, this was acually why I bought them. And yes if I was in US I might have gone for Hook.

View RGtools's profile

RGtools

I might have to grab one now. Especially after the wonderful logo you drew for me.

-- Make furniture that lasts as long as the tree - Ryan

mafe

Yes now you have a brand.
Thank you.

View Eli Adamit's profile

Eli Adamit

Hey Mads, thanks for the idea of the branding iron.
I asked myself the same question: Do I need one? the answer was – No.
But my children are planning a gift for my birthday, so I gave them the idea of branding iron.
You have a part in my following birthday gift.

-- Eli Adamit, Israel