survival-shotgun-saw

Review by gpastor posted 1096 days ago 3515 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
survival-shotgun-saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

survival-shotgun-saw
Arming Yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse: How to Build the Ultimate Survival Shotgun
by A Manly Guest Contributor on July 11, 2011 ·

-- Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. Proverbs 16:31

View gpastor's profile

gpastor

View rance's profile

rance

I can see it now… I take aim, I shoot. Then I realize that I have sawn off my right nipple!!! Eeeek!

-- Backer boards, stop blocks, build oversized, and never buy a hand plane--

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

Is it just me or is this just a little scary? I’m all for gun ownership but this seems a little overboard.

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

View Boneski's profile

Boneski

Interesting project, excellent website.

-- Blinded by brilliance

View John Ormsby's profile

John Ormsby

One just needs to take off the barrel to make the gun safe to use the saw. Takes about 15 seconds. Make sure it is unloaded first.

-- Oldworld, Fair Oaks, Ca

View Bertha's profile

Bertha

Awesome.

View Eric_S's profile

Eric_S

As cool as this is, lets try to keep the woodworking review section clean of clutter. This belongs in Non-shop talk.

-- - Eric Indianapolis, IN

View xwingace's profile

xwingace

Talk about a multitool…

-- I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

View William's profile

William

While misplaced (I agree that it beongs in Non-shop talk), this was still an interesting article. As for the comments about removing the stock for safety and nipple cutting capabilities, the saw blade comes off and stores in the buttstock, along with other survival supplies. This shotgun is one that was built by a guy as a carry all survival kit. Along with the saw, by grabbing just this shotgun in an emergency survival situation, you’d have a firearm, knife, flashlight, compass, fire starting supplies, emergency blanket, cooking supplies, of course a saw, along with other tools of survival.
I read the entire article and, if I could afford it, this is something I might like to build for myself.

-- http://wddsrfinewoodworks.blogspot.com/

View tblank's profile

tblank

May not be Woodworking, but the advice on the bug out kits is spot on.
GPastor, thanks for turning me on to a useful site.

View Dark_Lightning's profile

Dark_Lightning

Don’t need a saw, if you have a SAW. Just sayin’.

View Sanity's profile

Sanity

This survivalist nonsense has no place on this website. I grew out of those fantasies when I was about 12 years old.

-- Stuart

View TheBossQ's profile

TheBossQ

How old are you now? 13?

View pitchnsplinters's profile

pitchnsplinters

262 posts in 2039 days

?

-- Just 'cause a cat has kittens in the oven, it don't make 'em biscuits.

View William's profile

William

I agree that the link to this article was posted in the wrong place here at Lumberjocks. It should have been placed in Non-Shop Talk.
However, I also think the insults are posted in the wrong place as well. They should be posted anywhere besides on Lumberjocks.
The quircky humerous comments were one thing, but insulting the original posters maturity level? That’s uncalled for in my opinion.
I understand that this sort of thing is not of interest to some people (thus the reason for my belief of where it should have been posted). However, it does interest others. Therefore, the insults that are directed at the original poster also will feel insulting to anyone interested in this. I try to take such insults with good humor. Therefore I have one things to say to anyone who feels the need to insult the original poster here.
In case of emergency, don’t come to where me or my family is. We’re not sharing.
Also, the ideas presented in this article are survivalist take to the extreme. In case anyone here has never read anything on the site the original poster lined to, that site often goes over the top I think in an effort at humor as well.
In other words, lighten up.

-- http://wddsrfinewoodworks.blogspot.com/