Elbo articulated hollower

Review by michelletwo posted 1083 days ago 2166 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Elbo articulated hollower No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just set up this new tool and hollowed this piece of firewood( 8×5w ) to 6 inches. Very easy to use. (I have hollowed by hand, so I do know how) Anyone who has a modest amount of turning experience will find it relatively easy to do. I got this from Packard Woodworks and I believe it is the least expensive on the market at this time.
The bad? One of the grub screws was already stripped before I even put it together. One of the long bolts that clamp the holder on the quill, was shaped like a horseshoe. What the heck? How does that get thru a manufacturer’s check while packing?
Other than those 2 things this works very smoothly and makes arm & shoulder battering hand hollowing a thing of the past.

-- We call the destruction of replaceable human made items vandalism, while the destruction of irreplaceable natural resources is called development.

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

View mmh's profile

mmh

Nice new toy and Jet.

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

cr1: I took the picture this way so you could see all the parts & the toolrest did not obscure the view..of course the tool rest would be closer to the vase in use.

View Bluepine38's profile

Bluepine38

Quite the nice looking new toy, and it should be easy to use. I am sure your shoulders and other joints
are feeling much better all ready. But of course that damn little character in the back of my mind is saying
that “you could build one of those in only a year or two, and it would only cost twice as much as that one.”
Thank you for sharing.