Diamond hones sharpen your router bits and chisels

Review by pintodeluxe posted 07-24-2011 10:05 PM 1843 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Diamond hones sharpen your router bits and chisels No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I really like these little diamond hones for sharpening carbide router bits. Just a few strokes on the back, flat edge of your bits will restore a sharp edge. Comes with three grits. This can save you money and avoid throwing away dull bits, or worse yet ruining expensive lumber.
Worth a try.

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

#1 posted 07-25-2011 12:01 AM

I was wondering how long you have been using them? I bought a DMT Duo diamond sharpener to us for you wood turning tools and it seem to have worn out in the center. I thought they would last for years but mine is less than a year old and seem to have little effect in that work area. I have a big DMT sharpening hone and I use water on it and it lasted for years. I may just try to return mine to DMT.

I’m glad to see these from Rockler are working for you. They do save overall bit or tool grinding!

#2 posted 07-25-2011 12:10 AM

I just started using them this month, so I can’t speak to longevity. I can tell you the router bits cut like new though, and I was quite pleased about that. My router bit collection would cost around $1000 to replace, so I was glad to find these hones.
Cheers

View lcwood's profile

lcwood

#3 posted 07-25-2011 03:12 AM

nice set
in router bits worked fine but in my kitchen knifes I got average results

I got it from mannyswoodworkersplace (same pack at lower price and more options like 5 pack set)