"THE" Online Woodworking Community!

Review by MsDebbieP posted 03-01-2008 12:48 AM 1483 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
"THE" Online Woodworking Community! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

LumberJocks.com is “the” place to be if you are working with the wood, like to look at items made from wood, or are considering working with wood.

PROS
  • members run the spectrum from beginners to master craftsmen
  • members are women, men, and youth from around the world, bringing different perspectives and different skills
  • the site is easy to navigate, and provides the opportunity to share information and inspirations
  • the Founder, Martin Sojka, is quick to react to suggestions and difficulties met by the members
  • the Reviews feature provides a “hands-on” perspective of tools used by real woodworkers in real shops and not just by advertisements
  • equivalent or better than many woodworking magazines: with articles, tutorials, tips & strategies, tool reviews, projects plans and a little humour thrown in here and there
  • the camaraderie amongst the members is like a close-knit family sitting around the dining room table, laughing, challenging each other, and sharing wisdom and tips with each other
  • the sister site, GardenTenders, is equally as impressive and I can’t wait to see the new Home renovation site
CONS
  • I wish I could keep up with all the postings and read every comment posted!

Overall: 5+ STARS

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View GaryK's profile

YA! sure you betcha!

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

#3 posted 03-01-2008 02:30 AM

You All Come! Nice group of people, always getting new ideas and it can get addictive. Better than drugs and booze!

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

View grovemadman's profile

grovemadman

#4 posted 03-01-2008 03:30 AM

I agree, great place to hang if your into wood.

-- --Chuck

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#5 posted 03-01-2008 05:09 AM

Hi Ms. Debbie;

I’ve noticed lately that the inflow of emails I’m getting are impossible to keep up with. I’m falling behind at an alarming rate!

The snowball effect happening here is both good and bad. By the time I respond to postings, they’re already old news.

Lee

#6 posted 03-01-2008 12:05 PM

I know.. but.. when you respond, it brings it back up to the top, so that is good!!

#7 posted 03-01-2008 01:32 PM

I agree with Lee. It is good that the responses bring it back to the top but this creates another post to review.

So many posts, so little time. I may have to give up woodworking in order to keep up with the reviews.

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#8 posted 03-01-2008 01:42 PM

The inflow of knowledge and experience available here is like trying to get a drink of water from a fire hose.

View Thos. Angle's profile

Thos. Angle

#9 posted 03-01-2008 02:01 PM

I’m afraid that this place has become a part of my life, a good part.I can’t keep up any more so i just skim along and see what I see. I consider that I have quite a few friends here and I enjoy their company. Thank you Martin.

-- Thos. Angle, Jordan Valley, Oregon

View brunob's profile

brunob

#10 posted 03-01-2008 03:45 PM

Ditto to all.

-- Bruce from Central New York...now, if you'll pardon me, I have some sawdust to make.

View PanamaJack's profile

PanamaJack

#11 posted 03-01-2008 04:24 PM

Yes to all the above Debbie.

-- Carpe Lignum; Tornare Lignum (Seize the wood, to Turn the wood)

View Dick, & Barb Cain's profile

Dick, & Barb Cain

#12 posted 03-01-2008 07:06 PM

I’m like Lee, & ThosAngle, I have a hard time keeping up.

Lately I’ve been picking out things that interest me the most.

I especially enjoy the forums. I like to give advice on things, if at all possible.

View Dakkar's profile

Dakkar

#13 posted 02-18-2013 06:37 PM

I just recently discovered LumberJocks and I have to say the only downside is that it’s so fun and interesting I can blow way too much time here. I may have to start rationing time spent, but it’s definitely a new daily stop.

View skiler's profile

skiler

#14 posted 10-08-2013 10:00 PM

A hearty AMEN! to that. I really enjoy this site!

#15 posted 10-08-2013 10:54 PM