Keep the wet stuff off the dry stuff.

Review by juicegoose posted 07-16-2011 04:57 AM 1465 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Keep the wet stuff off the dry stuff. Keep the wet stuff off the dry stuff. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Happen to be in the paint department of the local big box store and saw these little beauties. They will fit on all cans, pint,quart, gallon all you have to do is clip them on the inner rim of the can. I tried them on a little can of of sealcoat and it works perfectly. No spilling or finishing going down the side of the can. Cost around 99 cents.

View RandyMorter's profile

RandyMorter

#1 posted 07-16-2011 05:13 AM

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been wanting something like this.

-- Randy Morter, Phoenix, AZ

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

#2 posted 07-16-2011 05:40 AM

Nice! I need to find one of those. I won’t use it often, but it will save me a lot of trouble.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#3 posted 07-16-2011 05:03 PM

I have seen those. Always wonder if it really work.
What if I pour paint and the thing ejects in front of my face. :)

#4 posted 07-16-2011 06:55 PM

STEVEN DON’T EVER POINT A PAINT CAN AT YOUR FACE!!! That’s how people get hurt. Always treat a paint can as if it’s full. Seriously though the things clip on pretty solidly I don’t think they would come off while pouring paint.

#5 posted 07-16-2011 07:33 PM

This looks pretty slick. I will have to try it out. I find cleaning out the grooves for the lid to be irritating.

View IdeaBill's profile

IdeaBill

#6 posted 07-16-2011 09:48 PM

that is a good IDEA

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#7 posted 07-17-2011 02:43 AM

I’ve used these for years. Except mine was too stiff to bend around quart can. But yes, they sure cut back on clean up. Keeps the can rim clean to ease sealing and reopening. Maybe I should try a new one. Never had an accident with it.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View jumbojack's profile

jumbojack

#8 posted 07-17-2011 06:26 AM

I have always wanted one of those thing-a-ma-jigs, but usually just drill four holes in the valley and try to remember to pour the paint over the holes. Works great.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1294 days

#9 posted 07-17-2011 09:34 AM

What about the drill shavings ?

View jumbojack's profile

jumbojack

#10 posted 07-17-2011 05:10 PM

The drill shaving usually come out as one one curl and stick to the bit.

-- Made in America, with American made tools....Shopsmith

View Sawkerf's profile

Sawkerf

#11 posted 07-17-2011 08:53 PM

I’ve used those for a few years and they work great – most of the time. They can be a little difficult to fit onto small cans (I had one “flip” across the shop once), and they need to be tossed when the grip part begins to split off.

I sure like NOT having the lid space filled with wet paint, though. – lol

-- Adversity doesn't build character...................it reveals it.

View Steven H's profile

Steven H

#12 posted 07-21-2011 01:38 AM

I just bought couple at HD.

First problem I see is cleaning them.
Anything paint, shellac goes into the rim, it can be a pain in the butt to clean it

I have yet to try to pour paint.

#13 posted 07-21-2011 05:01 AM

Rim of the can or pouring aid? I haven’t had any troubles with cleanup as of yet. Haven’t tried shellac though