Woodcraft Dust Collector Remote Control

Review by newTim posted 07-15-2011 05:47 AM 3820 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodcraft Dust Collector Remote Control Woodcraft Dust Collector Remote Control No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve seen these things in the local Woodcraft for many months and finally bought one when it recently went on sale. Many folks have been ‘hotrod-ding’ their dust collectors, especially the Harbor Freight. I’m happy to report this is working great. Just plug it in to the wall and plug the collector in to it. The HF is supposed to be a 2HP motor, but it is still 110V, so I was reluctant to buy this thinking it would be overpowered. Not true. I wish I had bought this months ago. I also just noticed it is on sale at Woodcraft for $62.89 (no, I don’t work for them). Here's a link

-- tim hill www.newcalshop.com

View newTim's profile

newTim

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#1 posted 07-15-2011 06:34 AM

So, you’re using this with HP vac and it works?
THX

-- Router รจ ancora il mio nome.

View newTim's profile

newTim

#2 posted 07-15-2011 07:05 AM

Yeah, it is working great. I don’t think the HF 2HP dust collector motor is a real 2HP. http://lumberjocks.com/newTim/blog/24379

-- tim hill www.newcalshop.com

View Howie's profile

Howie

#3 posted 07-15-2011 01:54 PM

I have one that works really good on my Delta 1-1/2 HP DC,however it won’t turn on my HF 2 HP. Not sure if it’s the same model you have.

-- Life is good.

View lew's profile (online now)

lew

#4 posted 07-15-2011 04:29 PM

Mine just came and it works great on my Delta 1 1/2 dust collector.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#5 posted 07-15-2011 04:59 PM

I’ve had one for some time and it performs flawlessly on my Jet 1.5 hp dc.

View Roger's profile

#6 posted 07-15-2011 07:37 PM

ok, thnx Tim. You’ve answered my questions that I asked on your other post… lol

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

#7 posted 07-16-2011 02:08 AM

I had the 110 version, for my Delta 1.5hp DC. Worked great. Then I decided I had to convert the DC to 220V for household reasons, so I bought the 220 version, and it works great too. Had them nearly two years. The remotes are interchangeable, so now I have four, but one is enough. I carry it in my Carhartt’s T- shirt pocket, clip the chain to the edge, and place it in the pocket so the button is facing out. I actuate it through my pocket material, that way nothing is dangling. The remote is in my pocket as I type this. Use it constantly.

Flawless…......

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

#8 posted 07-16-2011 02:13 AM

Had mine for over a year now. I’m very happy with it. It stays clipped to my work apron so I don’t lose it. Highly recommended.

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle

View northwoodsman's profile

northwoodsman

#9 posted 07-16-2011 03:45 PM

I have had mine for 4 years and it works fantastic.

-- NorthWoodsMan

View REL's profile

REL

#10 posted 07-17-2011 06:20 AM

I have a Delta 50-760 which is 1 1/2 HP machine. I’m on my second one. Mine is the Rockler 110 volt version. For some reson the area that receives the plug starts to melt and makes it impossible to remove the plug.

The second unit is over two years old and is still working.

-- REL, North Jersey

View bvdon's profile

bvdon

#11 posted 07-17-2011 07:50 AM

I’ve had mine for about a year and works fine. Couldn’t imagine doing without it.

-- http://woodwork.me

View Sawkerf's profile

Sawkerf

#12 posted 07-17-2011 08:57 PM

I’ve used a similar remote in my shop for a couple of years. I keep one of the controllers at the table saw and the other at the SCMS station. I’m never more than a couple of steps from one of them.

I had to upgrade to the 220v version when I went to 220v last year.

-- Adversity doesn't build character...................it reveals it.

View bobthebuilderinmichigan's profile

bobthebuilderinmichigan

#13 posted 07-21-2011 05:56 PM

I guess, based on your experience, I’m going to get one of these to run my HF system. Hope it works!

-- Bobthebuilderinmichigan

View bobthebuilderinmichigan's profile

bobthebuilderinmichigan

#14 posted 08-01-2011 10:03 PM

I bought it and it works just fine. I love it!

-- Bobthebuilderinmichigan