What a value

Review by BentheViking posted 1107 days ago 2700 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
What a value No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So I had wanted an air compressor, but didn’t really feel that I had the space and money for one. I felt that a table saw would be a much more worthy purchase. At the same point I am always looking into what new tools I can buy and poking on homedepot.com I found this guy. Originally $60 but they had it down for $40. I had some credit card rewards so after shipping and tax it only cost me like $13.

This is a reconditioned kit and while it certainly looks it (some small scratches and dings), it doesn’t look like its been abused. The compressor is not huge (obviously at only 2 gallons), but for my needs it certainly works. It has a built in hose to do inflating or can be used as a blower. It also has a pre-attached hose on the the other side that could be unscrewed or changed to a quick release valve. Wasn’t quite sure about the gun since I couldn’t find it online and one part of the item listing said brad and another said stapler. Upon opening it I saw that it was a 1 1/4” 18 ga. brad nailer. The kit also came with oil and 200 1 1/4” nails. Nothing is overwhelming on this kit and even though its reconditioned it is still worth the price. Can’t wait to get into more projects with this little steal.

-- It's made of wood. Real sturdy.--Chubbs Peterson

View BentheViking's profile

BentheViking

View woodklutz's profile

woodklutz

On your recommendation I ordered it. Every thing you say is true. Noisy as hell but hey. Bought a blow gun and a paint sprayer to complete. Most important is a pin nailer I spent $20 great addition. The included brad nailer is fine, up the pressure to 80 and it sinks the brads.
Thanks for sharing!

-- honing my craft one mistake at a time.

View David Grimes's profile

David Grimes

2072 posts in 1239 days

Good find. We have to use some baby compressors for quick trim jobs and shoe mold or quarter round. We had a pair of hotdog Huskees that lasted nearly two years (good).

I replaced them with Sears Evolution pancakes for $69 each with 18 gauge gun, then added 3 years warranty for $10 each. They are without a doubt the quietest pancake compressors I have ever not heard. They’re just a few months old, but who cares (as long as they don’t last more than three). ;=)