Review by David Grimes posted 1141 days ago 3174 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Zona Razor Saws - Complete Set from 14 to 52 TPI plus 4-in-1 and Alum. Miter Set Zona Razor Saws - Complete Set from 14 to 52 TPI plus 4-in-1 and Alum. Miter Set Zona Razor Saws - Complete Set from 14 to 52 TPI plus 4-in-1 and Alum. Miter Set Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got the 8” dovetail saw first. I liked it, so got the 4-in-1 and the Deluxe Saw and Miter set next. Again, I was impressed. so much so that I recently purchased the rest of them from 14 TPI to 52 TPI. I should be set for awhile on small razor saws.

These feel good to hold and use in my chub hands. They are very sharp, cut quickly and extremely cleanly. They are pretty much disposable (the blades can’t be replaced), but I am certain they will last me and my little projects many years. They are not expensive (probably average around $7 each), so not a huge investment.

If you do decide to try one or more, I wouldn’t let the Deluxe handle versus the regular handle hold much sway. They are both equally solid, don’t move and are comfortable to hold. The Deluxe handle is 5 1/4” long and the standard is 4 3/4” long. Both are a fist full, which is all that is needed.

I do recommend these saws for detail tasks, small projects and modeling type work.

View mafe's profile

mafe

Thank you for the review, I also recomend them for small tasks.
But as a regular dove tail saw I think one must step up.
Best thoughts,
Mads

View RogerBean's profile

RogerBean

I second. These little saws are among the best I have found and sharp as a razor. I have a separate dovetail saw, but I have a couple of these little guys that are always close at hand for small work. For my box work they are perfect. Great value.

View bigike's profile

bigike

4031 posts in 1915 days

Where did you get them from I found a couple on ebay but I don’t think it’s all of them, which is what I wanted after mafe posted info about one of them?
Thanks for the review!

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

I have seen the saws in local hobby shops and I believe in Home Depot. There are also a bunch of them on Amazon

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View ward63's profile

ward63

Thanks for the review. For a dovetail saw I’d recommend the “Razor” Dozuki. The miter box looks nice but if its aluminum it will shear the teeth off those saws quickly.

2072 posts in 1266 days

@Ward63, You are right about the aluminum miter box, but a sacrificial piece of 3/32 helps soften the landing.

I got all my saws from http://www.zonatool.net/

They currently have free shipping on orders over $50 US

View AaronK's profile

AaronK

1396 posts in 2090 days

david – do you find that you need to have the whole product range? If I want to get just 1 or 2, which would you recommend?

2072 posts in 1266 days

@AaronK, Of course just get what you need. Which ones depends on what you intend to do with it.

BTW, I don’t have the entire product range. Most models have optional TPI.

Using blade thickness and TPI as the variables, I strategically ordered my set to cover each combination just once. No overlap or duplication. I am guessing my “set” is only about 1/3 of the whole product range.

I will do the same (though there will be less of them) with the larger Shark saws soon.