Accuhead info

Review by Doogle posted 1107 days ago 5102 views 3 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Accuhead info No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Accuhead makes a Model M1304902A to fit the Dewalt DW 735. My neighbor and I put one in his machine and since we had never tried it before it took us a little over an hour. If you take your time it’s really not that difficult but a good memory helps. He loves it and it runs quieter and leaves a great finish in mahagony, maple and oak and he’s able to take heavier cuts without slowing the planer down by putting it under a heavy load it can’t handle. They had some test that showed the amp draw was a lot lower which translate to less energy used. All of the cutterheads for 13’’ planers retail for $250 and you can order them through any Steel City Dealer. They have cutterheads to fit Ridgid, Delta, Ryobi, & Dewalt

View Doogle's profile

Doogle

View bigike's profile

bigike

Thanks for the info, now I wanna get one for my ridgid planer. I just wanna see how it works!

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View live4ever's profile

live4ever

Hmm, a Byrd head for my 735 has long been on my wishlist to cut down on noise and tearout, but at $400+ I don’t take the plunge. At $250 I might be willing to, especially if cut quality is reasonably similar.

-- Optimists are usually disappointed. Pessimists are either right or pleasantly surprised. I tend to be a disappointed pessimist.

View sptfish's profile

sptfish

Thanks for the info. I am definitly looking into this.

-- Sptfish, Naples, Florida, http://www.ckherzer1@comcast.net